SNCASO 4100 Coutelas

Started by 63cpe, May 29, 2023, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

I'm still there.....didn't leave the whiffing scene. Just some Family business WE ( with the missus) to take care off. Took some months.

Meanwhile I started some projects. Among these is a French version of the Vought Cutlass, The SNCASO 4100 Coutelas.
SNCASO followed the same design studied Vought used to develop the Cutlass but differed in engines. It's fuselage design was very similar to the F7-U1 and remained so throughout it's career in the French Aeronavale.

PXL_20230529_194333972 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20230529_194315262 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Anyway, It started with the fuselage of an 1:72 MB326, added two 1:48 F-84 droptank halves to the sides and cut off the spine and tailplane. It's clear what the origin of the wings is. The canopy is from the spare box and I can't remember what its origines are. Later in the built the canopy will be tilted a little.

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

After the career of the Gutless Cutlass it deserves to be whiffed into something better.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Beasty looking Dave 👌  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

Absolut harmonic design , nice !
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Pellson

Nice! I've been considering a twoseater ever since I first saw this:

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Ooooh, a 2 seater Cutlass. I like that idea, and I have a Fujimi Photo-Cutlass kit in the loft, and almost ANY change in the nose would improve its ugliness!

What sort of canopy would work though?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 30, 2023, 04:26:05 AM..and almost ANY change in the nose would improve its ugliness!

I'd say this is an excessive use of the word "almost".. ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Looking forward to this one, always had a liking for the Cutlass and have the Fujimi one in the stash.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on May 30, 2023, 05:21:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 30, 2023, 04:26:05 AM..and almost ANY change in the nose would improve its ugliness!

I'd say this is an excessive use of the word "almost".. ;)

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Regards
Kit

63cpe

QuoteOoooh, a 2 seater Cutlass. I like that idea, and I have a Fujimi Photo-Cutlass kit in the loft, and almost ANY change in the nose would improve its ugliness!

What sort of canopy would work though?  :-\

As the fuselage is from an Aermacchi Mb 326. it's easy to make it a trainer...just use the MB 326 canopy!

3016_3-auto_downl by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Imagine the wings and tiptanks gone and replace them by Gutlass wings and tails.. Easy job to create an F7-U1 like trainer.

Cheers,
David

killnoizer

Just a oneseater , but similar Silhouette ...

You cannot view this attachment.

From the other side .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Tophe

I felt surprized to see the short distance between Cutlass (a word I did know only for the Vought fighter) and Couletas (of my French language, for a wild knife).
Asking Google Translation: yes, the meaning of Cutlass is Coutelas, while what I thought was wrong: a young girl cut in pieces is Cut Lass. :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?