RNLAF Tornado

Started by Devilfish, May 29, 2023, 10:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Jakko

Quote from: Devilfish on May 30, 2023, 02:39:18 AMWell, some of these "Engels" don't know where the Netherlands are, lol
That is their problem ;)

Quote from: Devilfish on May 30, 2023, 02:39:18 AMYes, it was. I just used an old set of decals I had lying around.
Hey, it works. I would have tracked down some F-16 decals myself, on the basis that if the F-16 was never bought, its registration numbers may have been used for the Tornado instead — but if you already had these decals ...

Quote from: Devilfish on May 30, 2023, 02:39:18 AMTBH, I don't know much about the Nederlands' Luchtmacht.  I should do really, being half Dutch ....
I daresay that the majority of people who are more than half Dutch also don't know much about our air force ...

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 30, 2023, 06:04:31 AMI soon learnt that once we merged with Hoogovens  ;D
Even though those are up in Holland :) I take it you're talking about the fusion with British Steel to become Corus, about 25 years ago?
... I know all this and more ...

Wardukw

It's a interest thing...there will be people in the Netherlands who'll know every plane the Dutch military has ever had and others who didn't even know the Dutch had a air force...I'll bet.

Hell im half German  and half Sicilian and how much do I know about both countries air forces? ..not much at all really on the Luftwaffe and even less on the Italian air force..so it doesn't surprise me at all.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Jakko

Quote from: Wardukw on May 30, 2023, 10:52:07 AMIt's a interest thing...there will be people in the Netherlands who'll know every plane the Dutch military has ever had and others who didn't even know the Dutch had a air force...I'll bet.
I'm fairly sure pretty much everyone knows we have an air force, and they might even be able to mention the F-16 and possibly "JSF" or, if you're really lucky, the F-35.¹ Don't bother asking the general public about anything else, though — interest in the military here ranges from "meh" to "I don't want anything to do with an institution with such a horrible purpose."

Quote from: Wardukw on May 30, 2023, 10:52:07 AMHell im half German  and half Sicilian and how much do I know about both countries air forces? ..not much at all
When I said "more than half Dutch" I meant people born and raised in this country :)

¹ For years there was the political discussion on whether or not to buy the F-35, which was consistently called "JSF", for Joint Strike Fighter, in politics and the media even after the official designation was assigned; only once it was about to come into service did the air force start referring to it as the F-35.

... I know all this and more ...

NARSES2

Quote from: Jakko on May 30, 2023, 10:33:12 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 30, 2023, 06:04:31 AMI soon learnt that once we merged with Hoogovens  ;D
Even though those are up in Holland :) I take it you're talking about the fusion with British Steel to become Corus, about 25 years ago?

We are indeed sir. I've still got friends who worked at Ijmuiden, indeed I'll be seeing one of them in July  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Love the weapon load !
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

kerick

I can't even keep up with who's Dutch, who's from Belgium, who's from the Netherlands and what the heck is The Hague anyway! And what do they call some poor soul from Lichtenstein?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Love the mixed load, and the underside weathering is just perfect.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

SPINNERS

Really nice and I like the aesthetics of the longer ADV. I had to use the IDS to create mine (which I can't find because I can't get the search function to work for me here but I can search within flickr).