Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, June 02, 2023, 06:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This is for any general discussion on the GB
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Think I may be in with a Sabre Beaufighter.  Think I'll have to do a bit of casting first.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

I'm gonna be in with a Griffon powered Grumman Tigercat and it will be a RN bird.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

A failed project of mine was to re-engine the Lockheed Constellation with four Alison T-56 turboprops. A lot of PSR is needed to plug the wings. The Rolls-Royce Griffon engines fit most of the radial aircraft, I have had problems fitting them on the 1/72 Heller Douglas DC-6B,although I fancy a DC-3 this time.

NARSES2

Trying to think of something to stick a Centaurus on the front of ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Swap-out the R-3350 of an AD-5/A-1E?
Add skis and paint it orange for the BAS?
You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 03, 2023, 06:03:19 AMTrying to think of something to stick a Centaurus on the front of ?

A Meteor?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

Been carefully hoarding a kit (well, most of it, the lower hull and running gear were used elsewhere on an ARV Conversion and will have to be sourced) for this type of GB.

Gas Turbine Chieftain is the plan.
There was work done in the UK on this concept and a powerplant prototype based on a Conquerer, but nothing production for the Chieftain as far as I can find out
Now unlike the generally blatantly obvious engine changes on an Aircraft, this will not be very obvious, so it will depend on the moderators to let it go ahead or not

With a major Model show coming up hopefully I can a find suitable lower hull and running gear replacement.. or just another Tamiya Chieftain, as they are on the whole quite cheap.

Wardukw

Had a similar idea awhile ago with a Challenger 2 by using a Abrams turbine .
As like alot of ideas it got put by the way side.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Convert an Abrams to diesel power. Needs to be done RW.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: kerick on June 03, 2023, 11:19:32 PMConvert an Abrams to diesel power. Needs to be done RW.
Why?

Weaver

Quote from: jcf on June 03, 2023, 08:55:24 AMSwap-out the R-3350 of an AD-5/A-1E?
Add skis and paint it orange for the BAS?

Heh - get out of my head... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

I was just looking on the side of the box that my Tigercat is packed in and it's got this little section about the stats of the plane .
Well reading that info panel I came across something quite funny.
According to the info the twin engined F7 Tigercat is powered by a single Allison V1710 in line engine..
Could that be anymore wrong and yet there is and it was never picked up on ..amazing  ;D

rickshaw

Quote from: jcf on June 04, 2023, 12:18:15 AM
Quote from: kerick on June 03, 2023, 11:19:32 PMConvert an Abrams to diesel power. Needs to be done RW.
Why?

Improve the range, increase the fuel capacity, so on...  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Quote from: rickshaw on June 04, 2023, 02:39:01 AM
Quote from: jcf on June 04, 2023, 12:18:15 AM
Why?

Improve the range, increase the fuel capacity, so on...  :thumbsup:
Bring the thermals of the turbines heat down too.