Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, June 02, 2023, 06:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 19, 2023, 06:11:04 AMThank you Tom  :thumbsup:  ;D

And just to avoid any confusion the next GB will be the Buccaneer, Harrier and Jaguar GB. This will run from 1/11/2023 until 31/1/2024.

The third GB of the season 1/3/2024 until 31/5/2024 is currently scheduled to be the 60's GB although there may well be some discussion about holding the Tophe Memorial GB in it's stead. I will bring the subject forward nearer the date.

Chris

Tophe Memorial GB - did I miss something?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

scooter

Quote from: Leading Observer on September 23, 2023, 05:31:31 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 19, 2023, 06:11:04 AMThank you Tom  :thumbsup:  ;D

And just to avoid any confusion the next GB will be the Buccaneer, Harrier and Jaguar GB. This will run from 1/11/2023 until 31/1/2024.

The third GB of the season 1/3/2024 until 31/5/2024 is currently scheduled to be the 60's GB although there may well be some discussion about holding the Tophe Memorial GB in it's stead. I will bring the subject forward nearer the date.

Chris

Tophe, sadly, lost his fight with cancer at the beginning of last month (Link).
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Leading Observer

Quote from: scooter on September 23, 2023, 05:55:37 AM

Chris

Thanks Scooter - I did miss this bit of very sad news. A Memorial GB is definitely in order
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

kerick

Quote from: Leading Observer on September 23, 2023, 11:42:08 AM

Chris

Thanks Scooter - I did miss this bit of very sad news. A Memorial GB is definitely in order

I agree. I have a several things in the stash I could rearrange the parts to.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on September 23, 2023, 05:02:59 PM

Chris

I have plans to do things to a Vampire.  I just wish i'd done them while he was here to appreciate them.
It hasn't really sunk in yet that he's gone.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 06:04:07 AM
Quote from: kerick on September 23, 2023, 05:02:59 PM

Chris

I have plans to do things to a Vampire.  I just wish i'd done them while he was here to appreciate them.
It hasn't really sunk in yet that he's gone.

I feel the same way about the fire spotter I have no finished yet. I was hoping to get it done so he could see it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Joe C-P

Please do start a new section for the Tophe Memorial Build, I'm certain many of us will come up with something to honor his charming and clever eccentricity.

JoeCP

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

Quote from: JoeP on September 26, 2023, 02:13:55 PMPlease do start a new section for the Tophe Memorial Build, I'm certain many of us will come up with something to honor his charming and clever eccentricity.

JoeCP

Joe I'll be raising it for discussion in the near future. There is a reminder note in my diary.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Seems we need a reminder of  the usual convention for finished entries:

Title
by (WHIF user name)
Brief description (1-2 sentences at most, no complete backstory)
maximum of three pictures
link to build thread

Peeve picked, carry on, I'll let myself out. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TomZ

Less than one week to go!

Finish your builds gentlemen!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TomZ

Gentlemen,

Two more days left to enter your builds!

TomZ

TomZ

All,

The poll for this group build is now up and will run for one week.
Cast your votes everyone
!

The moderators

sandiego89

Voted! well done everyone and mods!  Some long hours went into many of these builds, and some really fit the theme so well!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Vulcan7

Is this like Eurovision voting or General election voting?  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

TomZ

Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 21, 2023, 09:33:18 AMIs this like Eurovision voting or General election voting?  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well, of course this is much more important than the general election, but probably comes second to the eurovision song contest  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

TomZ