Main Menu

The Rules

Started by NARSES2, June 02, 2023, 06:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

What will be next GB? :lol:  ;D  ;)
Will die without understanding this world.

Wardukw

Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 01, 2023, 10:32:28 PMWhat will be next GB? :lol:  ;D  ;)
Carlos mate I think it's the 60s GB ..don't quote me though  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

It's the Buccaneer, Jaguar and Harrier GB next, starting on Nov 1st.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 02, 2023, 12:47:28 AMIt's the Buccaneer, Jaguar and Harrier GB next, starting on Nov 1st.

Indeed it is and I've started doing the groundwork
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 02, 2023, 12:47:28 AMIt's the Buccaneer, Jaguar and Harrier GB next, starting on Nov 1st.

See ..wise idea not to quote me 😁
I can now join this GB .
I just remembered I've got a AV-8B  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on October 02, 2023, 10:06:46 AMI just remembered I've got a AV-8B  :thumbsup:

Only one?  :o

Goodness knows how many Harrier kits I've got, but have hardly built any of them for some reason.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 02, 2023, 10:23:36 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 02, 2023, 10:06:46 AMI just remembered I've got a AV-8B  :thumbsup:

Only one?  :o

Goodness knows how many Harrier kits I've got, but have hardly built any of them for some reason.  :banghead:
Kit you wouldn't believe how happy I was to find this kit..a 48th Monogram AV-8B.
Like bloody gold plated chickens teeth here and the only other one we have here is the quite early version from Kinetics and yep..ouchy price tag.
There's probably crap loads of little scale ones out there but I don't look for them  😁

kerick

I've got the Heller two seat Harrier minus one out rigger wheel. Plus two other single seat models. I also have a Buccaneer in the stash. Now, my question is, does this GB require me to combine a Buccaneer, Jaguar and Harrier into one build? Or maybe three builds like ericr? All I have is a Jaguar nose and tail and a Mitsubishi F-1. Could be quite a Frankenstein.   :thumbsup:  :wacko:  ;D
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

killnoizer

... i have to think about the Spirit of that GB for understanding  :wub:

Especially because i'm hunting since months for the old matchbox harrier , without success , but would build it original for Mrs. K . , if I get one of the mk.1 .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Old Wombat

I may find myself drawn into the Bucc/Jag/Harrier GB, as I have 3 Bucc's (2 new & 1 old Airfix), a Jag & 4 (different) Harriers ... in 1/48 :wacko:

... plus a few 1/72 kits floating about (although they may have been boxed up for when my grandson is older). :unsure:

Although it still comes down to what I feel the need to build at the time. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on October 02, 2023, 08:28:54 PMI've got the Heller two seat Harrier minus one out rigger wheel. Plus two other single seat models. I also have a Buccaneer in the stash. Now, my question is, does this GB require me to combine a Buccaneer, Jaguar and Harrier into one build? Or maybe three builds like ericr? All I have is a Jaguar nose and tail and a Mitsubishi F-1. Could be quite a Frankenstein.   :thumbsup:  :wacko:  ;D

Look back at the LHC GB rules.  This should work in the same way.

I have a number of Harrier kits,  Some are even complete.   I've always wondered how one would look in a Sukhoi style shades of blue camo scheme.  Bucc I can see as French with an Exocet or two.  Jag I have a kit but no ideas yet.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on October 02, 2023, 08:28:54 PMI've got the Heller two seat Harrier minus one out rigger wheel. Plus two other single seat models. I also have a Buccaneer in the stash. Now, my question is, does this GB require me to combine a Buccaneer, Jaguar and Harrier into one build? Or maybe three builds like ericr? All I have is a Jaguar nose and tail and a Mitsubishi F-1. Could be quite a Frankenstein.   :thumbsup:  :wacko:  ;D

That Heller 2-seater is remarkably good considering its a plug-together Bobcat version. And for ages it was the ONLY 2-seater kit there was in 1/72..

And no, the GB doesn't REQUIRE you to combine the kits of all three aircraft types into one, but you're totally free to do that if you wish. Ericr would be honoured that you'd taken a leaf out of his book I'm sure.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 03, 2023, 01:59:13 AMI may find myself drawn into the Bucc/Jag/Harrier GB, as I have 3 Bucc's (2 new & 1 old Airfix), a Jag & 4 (different) Harriers ... in 1/48

HA!!   am I jealous of your 4 48th scale Harriers ..you bet ya I 😡😁

They are like gold these days I'll bet matey ...if ya can freakin find em that is.

NARSES2

The next GB rules will be finalised and published shortly so let's leave any discussion on them until they are ? :angel:  Otherwise will end up distracting from this this GB whilst it has still to be finalised and voted on.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Gentlemen,

I must apologize. I meant to close the finished build thread on the 14th as the extended deadline dictates but unfortunately life interfered.
All has quieted again now and I will return to the job of being a moderator now.

We will open the poll this weekend so you can enter your votes.

Further information will follow this weekend.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency