De havilland Vampire Bat Mk.2

Started by Vulcan7, June 02, 2023, 11:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I pronounce it "Hanger" but spell it "Hangar", but then I'm just an old working class secondary school kid so what do I know  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Tomato, Tomarto...... ;D ;D  sorry, spelling is not my strong point, I'm cixelsyd .....dyslexic  ;D. now wheres that spellcheque  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

NARSES2

Quote from: Vostoc7 on June 05, 2023, 06:08:52 AMTomato, Tomarto...... ;D ;D  sorry, spelling is not my strong point, I'm cixelsyd .....dyslexic  ;D. now wheres that spellcheque  :thumbsup:

Different generations or what. When I was at school you couldn't claim dyslexia as your excuse for bad spelling, you were just "thick"  ;D I had some "interesting" conversations with old Bert Royal my English master over my spelling, particularly the endings of words. Even odder I took my GCE English in the third year (at 14) and passed  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2023, 06:35:32 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on June 05, 2023, 06:08:52 AMDifferent generations or what. When I was at school you couldn't claim dyslexia as your excuse for bad spelling, you were just "thick"  ;D I had some "interesting" conversations with old Bert Royal my English master over my spelling, particularly the endings of words. Even odder I took my GCE English in the third year (at 14) and passed  :angel:

this thread has gone astray, but I'm not that young, well done on your English  :thumbsup: I got my GCE English third time, (English Lit 1st time) you can only loose 20 marks for spelling & I still got an Hons Degree (which includes a 10,000 word dissertation)  ;D

NARSES2

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2023, 06:05:37 AMI pronounce it "Hanger" but spell it "Hangar", but then I'm just an old working class secondary school kid so what do I know  :angel:

And I'm a middle class grammar school survivor  but I know no better!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Vulcan7

there must be something about a box  ;D ....

You cannot view this attachment.

NARSES2

Wardukw

I'd like to know where you keep finding those boxes  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

His Loft must be larger than mine!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 23, 2023, 04:08:23 AMHis Loft must be larger than mine!  :o
Think of L-space in Terry Pratchett's Library.  https://wiki.lspace.org/Library    I think that some stashes (eg Kit's loft)  have reached S-space............................the styrene equivalent
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

And OGL's too!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit