Australian Model Expo 2023

Started by buzzbomb, June 09, 2023, 06:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

On next weekend  :o

www.modelexpo.com.au/

Sandown Park Racecourse (Ladbrokes Park)
Princes Highway Springvale

16-18 June 2023
See website for more details
Lots of Traders this year, Swap and Sell tables sold out for the Sunday extravaganza,  so hopefully a bumper year.

Who knows, maybe next year we might even get the Long weekend back if their Races this weekend are a fizzer.

zenrat

I've heard rumours Sandown will be sold to developers to build housing on.
Mornington Racecourse would be a good alternative...

I will be at Expo Thursday night to drop off some builds and all day Sunday to pick them up again and do the usual.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2023, 04:51:33 AMI've heard rumours Sandown will be sold to developers to build housing on.

This, of course, refers to the racecourse outside Melbourne Australia. Not the world renowned Sandown Park racecourse just a few miles from London UK.  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2023, 09:45:28 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2023, 04:51:33 AMI've heard rumours Sandown will be sold to developers to build housing on.

This, of course, refers to the racecourse outside Melbourne Australia. Not the world renowned Sandown Park racecourse just a few miles from London UK.  ;)

You do realise the rumour mill has already picked this up and started to disseminate the news ? Apparently the pressure group Save Sandown Park has already formed and is lobbying Sadiq Khan (Mayor of London), whilst Animal Rising is already holding a celebration party  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

That would be the World Renowned Sandown Racecourse in SE Melbourne.  Home to Model Expo, Motor Racing, and apparently also something to do with the weak minded losing money betting on horses.

I shall now not be entering models into this years expo due to time constraints (mainly time constraints relating to finishing 50's and 1W GB entries).
I'll still be there all day Sinday though.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2023, 03:26:24 AMI'll still be there all day Sinday though.

I really don't know if that's deliberate or not ?  ;)  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Sinday is the day following Satyrday... ;)
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2023, 04:00:31 AMSinday is the day following Satyrday... ;)

Yup I worked that out from another post of yours.  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 16, 2023, 05:56:03 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2023, 04:00:31 AMSinday is the day following Satyrday... ;)

Yup I worked that out from another post of yours.  :rolleyes:

And the Book came out! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

...............and before Satyrday comes Fryday; with chips for tea.

Sorry, Chris, I'll get my hat and go  directly to the naughty step.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

comrade harps

Since l fell down a couple of steps on Tuesday night and injured my left ACL, l'll only be shuffling around the buy swap and smell. The exhibition hall is too much walking at the moment.
Whatever.

NARSES2

And Thursday was the day the street cleaners came  :angel:

zenrat

Back from Expo.

A successful time in the Swamp and Smell. This time, unlike last year it was held in the same postcode as the rest of the event.  They had turned the heaters on in the room which added to the general funk in the air.  Lovely.
Some ridiculous prices (especially for the same old cars) made it very easy not to get carried away but there were also bargains galore and I did pick up some good stuff.  See the stash thread for details.
Last year, when I was looking for AMT 1962 Ford Thunderbirds (I had just finished the Pirate Car and wanted another example of the kit) there were none to be found.  This year they were everywhere but the moment had passed and I was looking for different victims.
Very little 1/48 military stuff for sale.  I guess it is still relatively rare so people hang onto it.  All I saw was a Tamiya Challenger in a plain box for $20 (slow reactions meant I missed that one), A Hobby Boss Sherman (rubber band tracks - no thanks), and a German 8 wheeled armoured car which was overpriced at $35.

In the main room the Melbourne Racing Club had found a way to make the lighting even worse than in previous years.  Don't they know will be looking at  models?  Maybe moving to a different venue might be a good thing as my eyesight isn't getting any younger.
Lots of good models though.  I have many pictures which I will edit and upload probably tomorrow.  Glen is a better whiff spotter than I am so I am pretty sure that as I did the rounds without him I will have missed some.

Fred

comrade harps

l restrained myself and only went to the market up stairs. Only, l used the escalators as l am recovering from an injured knee (low grade ACL) and am somewhat hobbling; hence my restraint from staggering about the exhibition hall.

I haven't seen any obvious whifs from the photos l've seen, so l'm looking forward to Fred's photos.
Whatever.

zenrat

Fred