Australian Model Expo 2023

Started by buzzbomb, June 09, 2023, 06:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Thanks for the pic's, Fred! Enjoyed them immensely! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2023, 05:46:25 AMThanks for the pic's, Fred! Enjoyed them immensely! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:

As did I. Loved the cloaked Bird of Prey  ;D  and I know exactly how the guy/woman/person feels who's attacking the phone.  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

The Ar 196 and irs base are cool. Thanks a lot for sharing!  :thumbsup:

Nick

I do like that Arado taking off! And you can't go wrong with a RN Buccaneer - Phantom - Gannet scenario  :thumbsup:

Rheged

Pictures very much appreciated.  Thanks!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Was there a class that had to include a mobile phone then?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

Thanks for the pics, Fred. Quite a few there l hadn't seen. Well chosen.

l particularly like the subtly of the screen ripples made by the bikini lady. I mean, it's a sociological statement, that. It works on so many levels. Would have got my vote.
Whatever.

Rick Lowe

Thanks, Fred.

It appears the ongoing fascination with VWs will last well into the future, then...  ;D

And the Arado diorama was well done, cool thinking outside the bax.  :thumbsup:

And the underwater Corsair dio was pretty neat, too.

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on June 20, 2023, 09:15:32 AMI do like that Arado taking off! And you can't go wrong with a RN Buccaneer - Phantom - Gannet scenario  :thumbsup:

That was entitled HMS Ark Royal.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2023, 03:46:25 PMWas there a class that had to include a mobile phone then?

They were in a miscellaneous class.  There were actually four, titled IIRC Anger, Serenity, Overwhelmed, and Monster.  The first two are above and all of them are in the flickr folder if you follow the link.  There was also a series of four small vignettes of people looking at art which I liked.  Again, they are in the flickr folder.
These builds were more art than "normal" models.

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 20, 2023, 10:27:44 PMThanks, Fred.

It appears the ongoing fascination with VWs will last well into the future, then...  ;D

And the Arado diorama was well done, cool thinking outside the bax.  :thumbsup:

And the underwater Corsair dio was pretty neat, too.

At the end of the flickr folder are larger versions of some of the pictures including the underwater dio.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 21, 2023, 04:17:05 AMThey were in a miscellaneous class.  There were actually four, titled IIRC Anger, Serenity, Overwhelmed, and Monster.  The first two are above and all of them are in the flickr folder if you follow the link.  There was also a series of four small vignettes of people looking at art which I liked.  Again, they are in the flickr folder.
These builds were more art than "normal" models.

Oh yes, I went through your whole Flickr folder! Some amazing stuff there, and many were most unusual as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2023, 09:03:49 AM... I went through your whole Flickr folder! Some amazing stuff there, and many were most unusual as well.

Same! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 21, 2023, 05:38:05 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2023, 09:03:49 AM... I went through your whole Flickr folder! Some amazing stuff there, and many were most unusual as well.

Same! :thumbsup:
Same same  :thumbsup:
The Ork ATAT is fun and I love stuff like that  :thumbsup:
Agreed about the Arado..very cool 😎
Awesome selection of pics Fred 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .