Lavochkin Aeroplane 165

Started by NARSES2, June 10, 2023, 05:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Rheged on June 14, 2023, 04:50:52 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2023, 12:03:49 AMOddly I've got the Huma Hs 132 in the "ready to be started" pile at the moment. Sorely tempted to get another as a rather "wicked" thought came to me yesterday for a naval version  :angel:

I'd like to see that built!   I may even attempt to "find"   Eric Brown's Enemy Aircraft Appraisal Report...........he'd probably  be the one who was tasked with assessing the Kreigsmarine variant.

Somewhere in the loft is one I finished back in 1999, just in time for a show at the Mosquito Museum.  If I remember, I'll dig it out and photograph it.  Need to go in the loft later anyway.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 14, 2023, 06:15:36 AM
Quote from: Rheged on June 14, 2023, 04:50:52 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2023, 12:03:49 AMOddly I've got the Huma Hs 132 in the "ready to be started" pile at the moment. Sorely tempted to get another as a rather "wicked" thought came to me yesterday for a naval version  :angel:

I'd like to see that built!   I may even attempt to "find"   Eric Brown's Enemy Aircraft Appraisal Report...........he'd probably  be the one who was tasked with assessing the Kreigsmarine variant.

Somewhere in the loft is one I finished back in 1999, just in time for a show at the Mosquito Museum.  If I remember, I'll dig it out and photograph it.  Need to go in the loft later anyway.

I'd very much like to see that, Lee.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

frank2056

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 14, 2023, 04:42:22 AMHuma's Hs 132 is a very nice kit, but it's based on the old Airmodel vac form and has a circular fuselage cross section, when it should be more triangular.  All the drawings were captured by the Russians, and everything was based on a fake photo of the first prototype, which was never finished.

IIRC, the Huma kit was released before the fall of the USSR. There were a couple of un-retouched pictures of the Hs-132 prototype that were released in the early 90s that show the triangular fuselage. I think the RS Models Hs-132 has a more triangular fuselage, but I haven't seen one.

The Wooksta!

I got my first Hs 132 in 1989 and it had been out a few years previously. I'm sure it was based on the old Airmodel vac form as there were too many similarities.

The RS one is more triangular but I don't have have one to check.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on June 14, 2023, 04:50:52 AM...........he'd probably  be the one who was tasked with assessing the Kreigsmarine variant.

Of COURSE, who else?   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

No real progress on this as I've been out and about in this gorgeous weather. Everything was arranged prior to the change in our recent weather so just been lucky for once  :thumbsup:  I'll see if I can get much more done before the finish of the GB, but doubt it.

Been thinking about a colour scheme and am somewhat undecided. 3 choices facing me really :_

1) VVS All Green over AMT -11 Blue Grey ?
2) Overall AMT-11 ?
3) Overall ALG - 5 Grey Metal Primer ?

Markings will be simple, red stars and a "bort" number.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Bright green and dark green (or black ) camo over blue-gray?

Something like this BI-I:

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2023, 12:15:59 AMNo real progress on this as I've been out and about in this gorgeous weather. Everything was arranged prior to the change in our recent weather so just been lucky for once  :thumbsup:  I'll see if I can get much more done before the finish of the GB, but doubt it.

Been thinking about a colour scheme and am somewhat undecided. 3 choices facing me really :_

1) VVS All Green over AMT -11 Blue Grey ?
2) Overall AMT-11 ?
3) Overall ALG - 5 Grey Metal Primer ?

Markings will be simple, red stars and a "bort" number.

Grey metal primer.

Hang on, wasn't that a Stanley Kubrick fillum?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on June 15, 2023, 08:22:14 AMBright green and dark green (or black ) camo over blue-gray?

Something like this BI-I:

I like that scheme, but want to stick with something simple as she's just a prototype, and probably went no farther than that.  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I finally got back to doing something on her yesterday after being out and about most of the week, and boy what an odd day.

Although she'd been primed a few days ago and that had dried the heat and humidity yesterday still made it feel quite tacky to the touch, also the super glue gel I used to attach the undercarriage with, which normally dries in 10/15 secs may have come out of the tube in gel form, but swiftly turned almost liquid and took a few minutes to dry properly. Another day for the chemists amongst us  :rolleyes:

I still managed to get a little psr done however. Very little needed as it happens and what was, was more down to pooling paint than poor fit and I could have ignored it, but as I know she won't be finished I didn't   ;D

Also got to the point yesterday where my body was sending me some warning signals because of the conditions so for once I did what the Dr told me to do and went and read a book in the living room, which tends to be the coolest spot post mid-day.

Checked over my sanding this morning and was happy with it so got some more primer on, although that seemed a little thicker than normal in the pot. Behaved all right once thinned though. Also got the canopy on, but that needs blending in to the fuselage where its been shortened from the two seat original to the single seater.

Anyway that's probably it for now. I could of finished it if I hadn't been out and about for half the week, but that's life  :cheers: I'll try and remember to take some photos of progress in the morning before I'm out again, but then I'll move it over to the normal builds and try and finish next week.

NARSES2

Well as thought I won't get this finished, but here's where I've got to. I'll move it over to Current Builds  in the next day or so.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

I think the two seater to single seater conversion looks good, since the cockpit isn't in such an extreme location

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on June 18, 2023, 11:23:13 PMI think the two seater to single seater conversion looks good, since the cockpit isn't in such an extreme location

Agreed, it certainly looks slightly more flyable.

NARSES2