Denddeley DD-1146 & 2146 (finished page 3)

Started by Tophe, June 13, 2023, 08:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

The goal is a drawing of re-engined (and much more transformed) Bae-146; I will not start drawing before July 01st as this is one of the rules for this GB.
    The name of this airplane is related to the initial project Hawker-Siddeley HS-146 (before Avro RJ70/115 then BAe-146) with a word game towards Denddeley pronounced in French as our « dent de lait » meaning childish « milk tooth ».
    The change principle will be:
- turboprops & contra-rotative propellers instead of turbojets;
- low wing with engines above instead of high wing with engines below;
- reduced length and fin moved forward to be cuter, less tubular;
- 1/48th canopy and a few 1/48th portholes with 1/72 other parts.
    After the 1146 will be the zwilling/twin 2146 and that will be all for a final entry, airliners like the Bae-146. But as further joke, not competing here, there will be the scale-o-rama single-seater 3146 (and related twin 4146) [and maybe, even further, asymmetric 5146].
:unsure:  ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Carry on!
If I decide to build something like this it will have to be on the list of things to do for awhile. Too many other projects going on. Model building and home maintenance !
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

This will be another wonderful Tophe build...ummm  drawing ??  ;D  ..yeah drawing  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Thanks to all! ;)
while, uh... the hospitalisation dates are not known yet, and if I go out of hospital with my hands shaking, how will the mouse and software react? a beautiful result is not guaranteed, sorry... :unsure:  :-\

Tophe

I have not made a single line yet, this is not drawing before the date, but I have chosen the source basis for my future slanting view: <_<

Tophe

Today July 1st I may start drawing for this GB, I think. Or at least skewing the source in a 3D way for drawing basis (as I have so many other things to do, coming out of hospital today).

Tophe

First steps, as scheduled, ready to start drawing now on this basis: <_<

PR19_Kit

That's very tricky software you've got to do all that angle-y stuff.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks for your interest in this hardware preliminary "work". ;)
The software I am using is the (Canadian) Corel Draw Suite, version Home & Students 2019.
The size and angle parameters come from trigonometric calculations of mine, detailed in my book "Forked Ghosts" and completely demonstrated in my other book "Last addition to Forked Ghosts".
I am truly happy this is not interesting only me, thanks again, Kit! ;D

Wardukw

Either I've not had enough coffee this morning or Tophe writing words my brain can't comprehend with all the rain we've had..still pouring right now...think it's the lack of coffee 🙃 .
I'm gonna be watching Tophe mate for sure  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Thanks. <_<
I am not sure I will e able to continue this drawing in the near future. Maybe later?
(The chemotherapy this end of week made my right arm and hand loose strength, I am almost unable to hold a pen anymore, typewriting with the left hand is possible but slow, but for doing mouse drawing, I am not sure, we will see)... :-\  :unsure:

Wardukw

Take ya sweet time matey..there's no rush at all..relax and let your strength return...chemotherapy   will knock the hell out of you and it takes time to recover..so bud just take it had easy as possible 😊

Tophe

unable even to typewritite yesterday, better today

kerick

Sounds like some improvement! Keep trying!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe