DONE @p.3 +++ 1:72 Kaiser-Fleetwings ‘Corsair’ Mk. V; Royal Navy 805 NAS, 1948

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 14, 2023, 08:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Painting started, but slight disaster struck in the form of poorly curing yellow on the spinner and uneven paint. Might have gone unrecognized, but I am aware of it, so that I decided yesterday to strip off the paint and re-do it. This was also the time to switch the spinner color from yellow (802 NAS) to red (805 NAS), because it will look better and I have suitable markings/decals at ahand, so that this Corsair won't be a nuseum piece clone.
However, so far the belly has turned Sky, upper surfaces supposed to become Extra Dark Sea Grey with a low waterline. Quite dull, but standard for the late Fourties.

1:72 Kaiser-Fleetwings 'Corsair' Mk. V (FK-1); aircraft '145/JR (TF632)' of the Royal Navy 805 Naval Air Squadron; Royal Naval Air Station Eglington (Northern Ireland), summer 1948 (What-if/modified Italeri kit)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Good news: the paint-stripping stunt worked better than expected (thankfully, the paint was still fresh so that the oven cleaner foam had little trouble) and the spinner has already turned red. Uppser surfaces have been painted grey now, too, and the color combo suits the Corsair well. With the square fin it looks a lot like a late mark Blackburn Firebrand! And WiP pics might be added to this therad today or tomorrow.

thundereagle1997

Love the Corsair MK V & it's beautiful proportions including that bubble canopy although it could've been better if the fuel tank was mounted behind the pilot instead of in front of it & yes it's for better visibility.

Dizzyfugu

Model received a black ink washing, and I will have to paint some fake panel lines around the engine because they got lost under PSR. Also checked my decal resources, primarily to create a fictional serial number. "TF 632" was never allocated, but fits into the Corsair V's intended era.

Also added WiP pics to previous posts for entertainment purposes.  :lol:

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Bloody superb Diz 👌 👍 😍
Don't know how mines gonna turn out but I hope it's nearly as good as this.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. Finishing straight approaching with some weathering and a coat of varnish.

Dizzyfugu

Model has been finished, and - as ususal - photo session pending.

And I a brroding over what to build next for the GB from my idea list, there are several candidates.  <_<

thundereagle1997

The Corsair MK V looks amazing although we wish that the armored fuel tank was behind the cockpit &
a bubble canopy would be used to give the pilot better visibility in general.

Wardukw

If anything Dizzy ..it's looking even better 😍
Christ that's a bloody good looking Corsair 👍