Main Menu

The Griffon Tigercat

Started by Wardukw, June 14, 2023, 11:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Well its primed and id intended to start giving it some colour ...then a ended having to change a trailing arm bush in a Toyota Estima and that was that..more damage to my hands ..so that's gonna suck tomorrow..oh well .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Here it is so far boys ...i should be putting colour on it today as the primer is not totally dry ,,,as i said before its going to be FAA which i think will look very nice on the Tigercat .
Heres the prestart pics
DSCF4268 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4267 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4292 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4291 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
I didnt like the nose ..so i changed it with the help of a P-38 one  ;D
DSCF4290 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4289 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4288 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The cockpit is all sorted ,,seat belts are from a Bearcat .
DSCF4287 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4286 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4283 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4282 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4281 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

More to follow lads ..
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

The cockpit looks top-notch, Phil, & the rest looks only slightly over the topl! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Thanks Guy  ;D  ;D
For the first time im quite happy with that cockpit..its the seat belts which did it i think .

comrade harps

Quote from: Wardukw on July 11, 2023, 04:26:04 PMThanks Guy  ;D  ;D
For the first time im quite happy with that cockpit..its the seat belts which did it i think .

Looks super :wub:
Whatever.

Wardukw

Thanks Comrade matey 😄

I've just painted the under side of this bird..tomorrow I start on the dark green and ocean gray .

Rick Lowe

Y'know, that looks pretty good.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That engine swap works REMARKABLY well!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Thanks gentlemen 😄
I gave a feeling it's gonna look even better with paint ..the think the camo that the FAA used will work with this shape .

Dizzyfugu

Elegant, but aren't the engines a bit far forward?  :o
Curious about the cooler arrangement!

Wardukw

Thomas mate yeah the engines are a little forward but thats deliberate..gets the look I wanted and as for cooling..it has the intakes under the engines and also there's intakes along the leading edge of the wings .

buzzbomb

Yessum... that is hitting the mark  :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

wow that is looking epic (& great detail)  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

perttime

Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 02:07:03 AMThomas mate yeah the engines are a little forward but thats deliberate..gets the look I wanted and as for cooling..it has the intakes under the engines and also there's intakes along the leading edge of the wings .
Looking great!

Are there any exits for the hot air?

Wardukw

Cheers guys 😀

More paint today ..well after a couple more coffees  :wub:

Perttime mate there is outlets for heat but their top secret and I'm not allowed to tell  :wacko: