"What If" A-10 Group Build ?

Started by Aircav, March 11, 2005, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

nev

crikey there's some good ideas in there... :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Keith Diamond

oh I really like this one.  I have a Tamiya A-10 at home that I was thinking about painting up in Philippine AF markings like those found on their OV-10s.
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Radish

Nice ideas.

I've already done a 1/72nd US Forestry Commision Fire Bomber in white/Orange in 1/72nd scale.

:P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Tophe

One of us (dear Aircav himself? I don't remember sorry) drew a project of Twin-A-10 that was great! :wub:
In plastic, it would be even better... :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

QuoteNice ideas.

I've already done a 1/72nd US Forestry Commision Fire Bomber in white/Orange in 1/72nd scale.

Actually, from what the folks who do firebomber modifications (Aero Union?) told me some five years ago when I was interviewing for an engineering job there (the company that developed the Firehawk conversion for the H-60/S-70), the A-10 needs a definite engine upgrade before it's fully suitable for that role.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Aircav

QuoteOne of us (dear Aircav himself? I don't remember sorry) drew a project of Twin-A-10 that was great! :wub:
In plastic, it would be even better... :wub:
Yes Tophe that was me, must built it some day  ;)  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Joe C-P

Several interesting ideas there; the JMSDF one caught my eye, and the early USN A-10N. I've long wanted to do a carrier-borne version - it'll need tanks for range, then Mavericks, rockets, maybe a pair of homing torps, to whomp boghammers and missile boats. It'll need a second seat for the weapons officer, of course...  :wub:  B)  :ar:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Radish

Where could the conformal tanks go?
Big Hump Back? Call it the Sea Hog?
I also bought a part-started Monogram A-10 a few years ago, that I proceede to put together.....had a brain-fart and forgot to put weight in the nose. Added the fron doors in the closed position, plus a bit of filler.....then twin tail wheels from the spares box. All over Dark Sea Blue Gloss and RNZAF markings (a la WW2 style), for a Goodyear A3G "Dragon" based in China during the continued Civil War, 1958.
Still around upstairs.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

elmayerle

I've been thinking of a specialized derivative of a navalized two-seat A-10, one with the gun removed and as large a radar as possible installed to allow it to operate primarily in the "missileer" role.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

Big Hump Back?
Yeah, kinda like the Su-39 ! That would look pretty neat !

But you'd have to call it a 'whale'

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

simmie

This link appears to gone bye bye

but Grant Little is still about, just can't get in to his stuff properly, anyone got any ideas?
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

entlim

now it's gone................................
You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

Joe C-P

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 18, 2005, 07:03:03 PM
Big Hump Back?
Yeah, kinda like the Su-39 ! That would look pretty neat !

But you'd have to call it a 'whale'

Killer whale, or Orca!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.