Fink Tank. Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf A Rod Tank. Finished pics page 10.

Started by zenrat, June 22, 2023, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

jcf

Are you going to challenge the 1962 Christie-Cunningham LeMans Sport Tank?

You cannot view this attachment.
The ultimate American sportank, designed by J. Walter Christie and financed by millionaire sportsman
Briggs Cunningham, was winner of the 1962 French LeMans 24-hour no-holds-barred classic. Its low 
profile, heavy armament, and high speed allowed driver Cunningham himself to knock out most of the
competition. To put it is his own words: "It was really gratifying to blast all those foreign bastards to hell.
I guess I can go home now."

- from "A History of Tanks" by Stan Mott.
;D

buzzbomb

Sound pretty fast and chunky already

Quote from: zenrat on August 04, 2023, 05:43:46 AM....  Only 10 wheels but still a chore with no masks.

Never been one to use masks, I have had pretty reasonable success with this method. Just use the Circle Template the size of the Wheel Rim, covering the tyres.
This does work best with an airbrush though.

zenrat

I would end up with green fingers.
The engraving between the tyre and the wheel is deep enough to flow black wash around giving a good "edge".

Quote from: jcf on August 04, 2023, 02:09:28 PMAre you going to challenge the 1962 Christie-Cunningham LeMans Sport Tank?...

I've been thinking about the Ripsaw from Fate of the Furious (Fast & Furious 8) while i've been building it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

zenrat

Engine is nearly ready to mount in the hull.  I just need to ensure I don't need to attach the exhausts before I do so.
I don't think I do.  I think there will be enough space to do so afterwards.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Test fitting showed the exhaust manifolds need to be in place before the engine was fitted.  It also showed my original plan to fit zoomies was impractical.
I found a pair of what I think are V8 truck exhaust manifolds in a parts box.  They fit now they are suitably modified and have a pleasing heavy duty look to them.
Seat is inplace meaning I can get on with building the driver.
Fred

jcf

Wot, no stub exhausts like an aircraft pistoon engine?
;)

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on August 19, 2023, 04:35:55 AMNo room.  The Hemi block is just too wide.   :-\

No, it's not, the Pz.Kpfw.1 is too narrow! ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Engine mounted.  Scratchbuilt transfer case.  Exhaust will exit vertically rear right corner.  Working on the engine cover (stretched to fit and then most of it cut away for clearance...

Rod Tank WIP 24-08-23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Wardukw

😆..yummy Fred..very very yummy 😋 😊
Wouldn't hesitate to that for a blast 😉

zenrat

I got the engine cover mostly put together today.  It sits higher than I thought, coming to the level of the tops of the valve covers.  However the injector stacks will make it clear this ain't no normal Pz.1.
I also crested an alternator bracket to avoid the dreaded "magic floating alternator" syndrome which afflicts so many model cars.  You won't see it but i'll know its there.

While perusing the destructions i realised that the big Hemi block means there is no room in the corners of the engine bay for the fuel tanks.  I shall knock something up and put it next to the driver.  I also still need to mount a radiator.

Started painting the driver.
Fred

Wardukw