Fink Tank. Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf A Rod Tank. Finished pics page 10.

Started by zenrat, June 22, 2023, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

As i've said before, that's 'cause you are an alien.  Or a mutant. 

:mellow:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Maybe he has a high percentage of Neanderthal genes? :unsure:

They evolved to live in an Ice Age Europe, some medications are known to effect individuals with a high percentage of Neanderthal genes (4% total is about the highest) differently & they also have different resistances to different diseases to those with lower percentages.

Or, yes, he could be an alien, or even a mutant alien. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

Mutant Alien Neanderthal 

You cannot view this attachment.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I'm back baby!   :party:  :drink:  :cheers:  :ph34r:

Well, in a limited way.  Subject to avoiding relapse.

Finished the transmission, replaced two small 1/35 (probably six volt) batteries with one larger 1/25 12 volt one, glued some torsion bars to the belly plate, and glued together two Hemi engine block halves after sawing off the slushbox.
Crank height will be an issue.  I need to either scratch build a transfer box to drop the height of the output shaft, or modify the transmission tunnel moulded into the floor plate.
Rod Tank WIP 16-07-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

TWO Hemis?  :o

There's no substitute for cubic inches..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

TBH Fred I think a trans tunnel might be the easiest way but ya could just build a cover over the bell housing and shove a CV on the back to the drive shaft ..yeah easy  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Wardukw

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 16, 2023, 04:02:41 PMOk, early days, things are moving.. Big is better :thumbsup:
In Fred's case ...fricken huge Buzzy..he hasn't put the heads and exhaust manifolds on it yet  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2023, 06:24:48 AMTWO Hemis?  :o ...

No, one Hemi.  The engine and transmission was moulded in two halves - vertically split.  I had to glue them together.

Quote from: Wardukw on July 16, 2023, 01:08:49 PMTBH Fred I think a trans tunnel might be the easiest way but ya could just build a cover over the bell housing and shove a CV on the back to the drive shaft ..yeah easy  ;D

That big gaping hole at the back of the engine needs a blanking plate whatever I decide.  Scratchbuilding a raised trans tunnel is not the easiest option (well, not a nice smooth car type one with compound curves anyway) but does mean not having to use any of my reducing stock of 1/25 resin CV joints so i'll probably go that way.

I can paint the transmission now but need to get more of the engine together before proceeding with the hull construction as I need to scheme up some engine mounts and see how far forward to move the engine bulkhead.
Cooling is going to be an issue i'll have to address.  Standard Panzer 1 engine was air cooled so there is no provision for radiators.  I think i'll use a 1/25 car rad on a scratchbuilt support frame,  There will be space behind the driver in front of the engine.  Hmmm, also a fuel tank.  Not sure if the kit interior includes one.
Fred

Wardukw

Unless it's got a full interior Fred it very likely won't have a fuel tank..pretty simple to knock one up ..now I can make ya life a bit better ..the cover for the drive shaft in real tanks with front gearboxes is as simple as a curved piece of steel plate which gets bolted to the floor and bulk head..that's it.
If you have the space you can go with a split radiators set up..one one each side ..but once you get the deck..or what's left of the engine deck that will cover anything beside the engine..so ya could cheat a wee bit...remember the impression of something there is better than nothing there 😏 😉

zenrat

It pretty much has a full interior because it is open topped.  Everything is on view.
I'm not worried about compact packaging or protecting the mechanicals because it's not going to be a weapon of war.  Its a Hot Rod.  I'm going to paint it black with flames.
Maybe chrome wheels.
 ;D
Fred

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Maybe.  I'm not married to black.
Yellow with flames and red wheels with chrome centres would work.   :mellow:
Fred

jcf

Chain drive like a Toronado?