Fink Tank. Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf A Rod Tank. Finished pics page 10.

Started by zenrat, June 22, 2023, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Weird thing...that engine doesn't look out of place in there 🤔
Still tho..👍👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks folks.
Not long to go now.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

zenrat

Velocity stacks and exhaust added today.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fink Tank – PzKfw I Rod Tank.

Fink Tank - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It was hard being a Hot Rodder in 1950's West Germany.  The sort of old cars American teenagers hopped up hadn't survived the war having been either rounded up and melted down to make weapons or pounded into scrap by the RAF.  The ones being made now weren't much cop either.  Who could possibly look cool in a Volkswagen?  Lack of a vehicular starting point to work his magic on didn't stop Hans though.  He knew people who knew people who still believed in the thousand year reich and who had stashed materiel ready for the day they rose again.  And these people, not being that bright, liked to brag about it over beers.  All it took was few quiet words with his friends at the American airbase and these whack-jobs were rounded up and introduced to the fat end of a baseball bat shown the error of their ways.  Hans was allowed, as a reward for his civic minded actions, to take any vehicle they had had hidden just so long as it wasn't armed.

Fink Tank - 19 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Slightly disappointed to find any big, powerfull staff cars had been snatched up by the officers of the occupying forces Hans chose to take home a Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf A ohne Aufbau.  An open topped training tank with no upper bodywork this was a relatively* lightweight vehicle albeit a not particularly fast one.  However, when it comes to speed "für kubikzoll gibt es keinen ersatz" and Hans scrounged up a replacement engine which joined with it in his shed along with fuel injectors from a Messerschmitt, a truck radiator, and a few drums of Luftwaffe surplus RLM04 paint.

Fink Tank - 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

With the help of his American friends (one of whom, Airman Roth christened it for him and helped him with the paint) what rolled out of Hans' shed was very fast, very loud, very yellow, and more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
It made a mess of the road though and having only one seat wasn't great for picking up chicks so Hans started looking around for something more fräulein friendly.  Maybe there was something he could do with one of those Volkswagens...

Fink Tank - 13 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

*Relative to a Tiger or a Sturmpanther.

The Model.
Hobby Boss 1/35 Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf A ohne Aufbau.
Lindberg 1/24 Hemi from Dodge A100 Little Red Wagon.

Fink Tank - 21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Old Wombat

Well done, Fred! :mellow:  :bow:  :cheers:

I especially like your figure conversion to create Hans, & the yellow somehow turned out better on the finished product than the earlier images led me to believe it would. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Steel Penguin

:thumbsup:
magic stuff !
perhaps a follow up could be a chop job Kettenkrad  jives a good seat for ein Fraulein also  :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Dizzyfugu

Weaver

Excellent job Fred, and the name cracks me up... ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Like Steel Penguin said, a chopped Kettenkrad must surely lie in this bloke's future, just as soon as he gets sight of a bootleg copy of Easy Rider...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

AWESOME Fred!

What's not like about a Hemi powered anything, but a TANK?  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

And  the 'Fink Tank' name just cracks me up totally. Having actually co-judged a model car contest in the US with Ed Roth (name dropping mode off....) I can see Ed would have LOVED that!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Since this has 2 of my fav things ..tracks and a Hemi  V8 it was going to be great anyway but the end result is epic 👍

This is definitely getting a vote for sure .
Love this Fred..love everything thing about it 😀😀🤙🤘