What should the votes to entries ratio in GB's be ?

Started by NARSES2, June 22, 2023, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one of  these would you prefer as the votes to entry ratio in any future GB ?

1 vote for every 3 entries (no change)
3 (15%)
1 vote for every 3 entries capped at a maximum of 7
3 (15%)
1 vote for every 5 entries
5 (25%)
1 vote for every 5 entries capped at a maximum of 5
8 (40%)
3 votes
0 (0%)
1 vote
0 (0%)
None of the above
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 29, 2023, 10:57:36 AM

NARSES2

Now given the comments regarding the number of votes each member has in the current 50's GB Poll I've decided to set this poll up in order to gauge opinion amongst the membership as to what they feel would be a reasonable and not as unwieldy a ratio.

Currently this is purely advisory, and I'm not saying it will be acted on immediately, however if we can come to a successful and speedy conclusion then we might be able to inaugurate it in time for the forthcoming 2023/2024 GB Season. Starting with the Re-engine it GB.

The choice is fairly arbitrary on my part and no science is involved at all. I've included the "none of the above" option simply because they are my ideas and if there are enough people who are not happy with any of them then back to the drawing board I will go.

You have 7 days gents.

Thank you

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

The 50's GB has lots of entries. Enough to call it exceptional? It might not be grounds to set a limit on all GBs.

1 vote for every 3 entries has worked fine, so far. With lots of entries, the number of votes can get a little unwieldy, unless the Powers That Be are allowed discretion to put a cap somewhere. 7 could be a little tight. It is also nice when many entries get votes.

Pellson

The distinguished gentlemen should bear in mind that one does not have to use all the votes one is granted, if one not wants to.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Weaver

I voted for 1 vote per 5 entries. Ideally I'd like a cap as well, but 5 is too low, and a higher cap would be invoked so rarely that I'd be content with 1 per 5.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

AeroplaneDriver

How many can we vote for?   ;D

I'm kinda liking the 3:1 capped at 7. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 24, 2023, 05:40:36 PMHow many can we vote for?   ;D

I knew someone would say that. Just didn't expect it to be you though  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 25, 2023, 05:07:06 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 24, 2023, 05:40:36 PMHow many can we vote for?   ;D

I knew someone would say that. Just didn't expect it to be you though  ;D

You expected it to be me didn't you?   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

NARSES2

Gentlemen. Pretty inconclusive and given the low number of votes cast, 20, and with the average over the last 8 GB's excluding the One Weeker's being 40, I've decided that we can't change things in time for the next GB.

Therefore we will continue with the 1 vote for every 3 entries ratio that you agreed in the recent GB Rules discussion, even though most of you didn't seem to realise there was a proposition and it was passed without comment. I will come back to this at a later date, but that will be after we've come to a conclusion as to what will constitute the test run of the "stalled projects" GB the discussion of which I will be kicking off shortly.

Bare with me.

Chris