Main Menu

Jaguar 100 Flying Jet • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, June 24, 2023, 09:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Vulcan7

just looked up Fantomas  :o  I may have to arm my Chitty-Jag  with some Firestreak's  ;D
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

sandiego89

Quote from: Wardukw on June 24, 2023, 11:21:41 AMOh the jag purists are gonna hate this in a big way..which means..it's most welcome here 😀

The best I heard of was a guy bringing a jacked up 911 (not the tasteful Dakar racer style, but a cheap high school 70's style muscle car vibe) to a snooty Porsche club meet....the purists were aghast.

Bring it on!   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 26, 2023, 06:29:51 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 24, 2023, 11:21:41 AMOh the jag purists are gonna hate this in a big way..which means..it's most welcome here 😀

The best I heard of was a guy bringing a jacked up 911 (not the tasteful Dakar racer style, but a cheap high school 70's style muscle car vibe) to a snooty Porsche club meet....the purists were aghast.

Bring it on!   
I would happily take some like a 550 Ferrari ..rip the engine out a stuff in a big block LS or LSX with a 8/71 blower on it with a 3 eyed bug catcher or ugly hat injector scoop just to deliberately piss off Ferrari owners  :wacko:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on June 26, 2023, 08:15:16 PM

Bring it on!   
I would happily take some like a 550 Ferrari ..rip the engine out a stuff in a big block LS or LSX with a 8/71 blower on it with a 3 eyed bug catcher or ugly hat injector scoop just to deliberately piss off Ferrari owners  :wacko:  ;D

I had thoughts about abusing a Rolls like that once, but it seems the Real World beat me to it... ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 26, 2023, 10:49:47 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 26, 2023, 08:15:16 PM

Bring it on!   

I had thoughts about abusing a Rolls like that once, but it seems the Real World beat me to it... ;D

Yeah mate..ive seen nicely modded Rolls-Royces ..it's seems Rolls-Royce owners are alot more open minded than Ferrari owners .
That surprises me cause technically speaking Ferraris are piles of crap.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Yes, but some of them are very attractive piles of crap.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

But while Rolls Royce owners maybe more tolerant, the company themselves definitely AREN'T, or weren't anyway, and frequently took to the courts to stop people 'messing about' with their products.

How knows how the current owners of the brand name think on that front.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

I have got form on this type of build.......heres one I did earlier (25 years earlier  ;D). VSTOL Countach...... not been sued by Lambo.. yet  ;D

Strangely enough something similar turned up in Blade Runner 2049

You cannot view this attachment.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2023, 03:58:19 AMYes, but some of them are very attractive piles of crap.
Oh there's no doubt about that .. they're beautiful piles of crap ...it's when you dig into em that you really get to see just how bad they are..on cars this expensive ive seen some atrocious welding ..brittle parts which can't handle the high speeds their ment to ..it's quite a long list.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 27, 2023, 04:42:07 AMBut while Rolls Royce owners maybe more tolerant, the company themselves definitely AREN'T, or weren't anyway, and frequently took to the courts to stop people 'messing about' with their products.

How knows how the current owners of the brand name think on that front.
Wouldn't surprise me Kit...but I wonder how many cases they won 🤔 😏
I'm kinda thinking not many .

Quote from: Vostoc7 on June 27, 2023, 05:00:44 AMI have got form on this type of build.......heres one I did earlier (25 years earlier  ;D). VSTOL Countach...... not been sued by Lambo.. yet  ;D

Strangely enough something similar turned up in Blade Runner 2049

You cannot view this attachment.
Ahhh the wonderful guys who bring us Lamborghini cars  ;D
Lamborghini's main goal in life is to keep annoying Ferrari and to bring out much better cars..now that might not really be the case cause some of Lambos cars have been terrible but they have a much less arrogant mind set than Ferrari.
You gotta respect any super car manufacturer which has no issues selling a car to a person who's never owned a Lamborghini before unlike freaking Ferrari.

zenrat

Lamborghini made one of the most beautiful cars ever.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

^^^^^^^^^  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Ahhh the Lamborghini Miura  :wub:
Gorgeous..stunning ...slight habit of catching fire 🔥
But still less than Ferraris   ;D  :o

Vulcan7

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2023, 05:18:53 AMLamborghini made one of the most beautiful cars ever.

I could't bring myself to what-if one of those, it's still hard to watch the beginning of The Italian Job (the original & best film that is)  :o  ;D  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Thoughts have crossed my mind on occasions about modding a Miura and it's a difficult one ..wiffing one would also apply here.
The shape ..engine lo cal and height  all work against it.
I stood beside a real one at a car show when we had some down time while in the UK and man it's a low car and I'm 6'2 so it's even lower  ;D
A front engine conversion would end up looking stupid as any decent sized engine wouldn't even fit ..in this case it's best to leave it as it ..gorgeous.