Main Menu

Jaguar 100 Flying Jet • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, June 24, 2023, 09:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Quote from: Wardukw on June 30, 2023, 01:21:16 PMThoughts have crossed my mind on occasions about modding a Miura and it's a difficult one ..wiffing one would also apply here.
The shape ..engine lo cal and height  all work against it.
I stood beside a real one at a car show when we had some down time while in the UK and man it's a low car and I'm 6'2 so it's even lower  ;D
A front engine conversion would end up looking stupid as any decent sized engine wouldn't even fit ..in this case it's best to leave it as it ..gorgeous.

In the online game Asphalt 9 they have a concept of the modern model. My problem is that the latest version of the game won't download on my tablet but I get to drive the original on
 Real Racing 3.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on June 30, 2023, 01:21:16 PMThoughts have crossed my mind on occasions about modding a Miura and it's a difficult one ..wiffing one would also apply here.
I stood beside a real one at a car show when we had some down time while in the UK and man it's a low car and I'm 6'2 so it's even lower  ;D
A front engine conversion would end up looking stupid as any decent sized engine wouldn't even fit ..in this case it's best to leave it as it ..gorgeous.

You can't improve on perfection.

Being that close to the deck, with my knees and back I doubt i'd ever be able to get in, or out, of one in RL.  But they are so pleasing to look at.
 :wub:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Vulcan7

this is definitely going to be a challenge...... :o  ;D  ... forget the beautiful Miura  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on July 02, 2023, 05:27:01 AM

You can't improve on perfection.

Being that close to the deck, with my knees and back I doubt i'd ever be able to get in, or out, of one in RL.  But they are so pleasing to look at.
 :wub:
I kinda had the same problems with my 300ZXs...once your in its a comfortable place to be..it's the entering and leaving part which is a pain ..very little chance of that now that's for sure 😀

Vostoc mate..that's now getting somewhere and I still have absolutely no idea what it's gonna look like
😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on July 02, 2023, 12:49:27 PMVostoc mate..that's now getting somewhere and I still have absolutely no idea what it's gonna look like
😄

to be honest I haven't got much more of an idea myself  :o  ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 02, 2023, 02:11:10 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 02, 2023, 12:49:27 PMVostoc mate..that's now getting somewhere and I still have absolutely no idea what it's gonna look like
😄

Hahaha..yeah I'm in the same boat with the Tigercat.
Might have to make new propellers for it..the 5 bladed ones from the Spitfire are much smaller than you'd think 🤔.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on July 02, 2023, 02:14:01 PM
😄

Might have to make new propellers for it..the 5 bladed ones from the Spitfire are much smaller than you'd think 🤔.

sounds tricky, luckily mine is a jet so just some plastic tubing and lots of filler  :o  ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 02, 2023, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 02, 2023, 02:14:01 PM
😄

sounds tricky, luckily mine is a jet so just some plastic tubing and lots of filler  :o  ;D
Oh trust me cheating will be used big time  ;D
I've got 2 Hasegawa P-47s and they come with 2 sets of blades 👍
All I'd have to do is make the hubs .

Weaver

This is one of those projects where I have zero idea where it's going even after it's started, which means, of course, that it's worth watching... :thumbsup:

Quote from: Vostoc7 on June 30, 2023, 04:18:52 AMI could't bring myself to what-if one of those, it's still hard to watch the beginning of The Italian Job (the original & best film that is)  :o  ;D  :thumbsup:

My late uncle always loved that movie and was talking about going on holiday to Italy, renting a sports car and driving over that pass (without getting the wrong side of the Mafia though...). Sadly, he died before he could do it. We played 'On Days Like These' as the leaving music at his funeral... :-\
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

perttime

The car body looks pretty small on top of the F-14. I was imagining different proportions. Getting this to work would be way out of my league.

Vulcan7

Quote from: Weaver on July 02, 2023, 07:36:05 PMThis is one of those projects where I have zero idea where it's going even after it's started, which means, of course, that it's worth watching... :thumbsup:

Quote from: Vostoc7 on June 30, 2023, 04:18:52 AMI could't bring myself to what-if one of those, it's still hard to watch the beginning of The Italian Job (the original & best film that is)  :o  ;D  :thumbsup:

My late uncle always loved that movie and was talking about going on holiday to Italy, renting a sports car and driving over that pass (without getting the wrong side of the Mafia though...). Sadly, he died before he could do it. We played 'On Days Like These' as the leaving music at his funeral... :-\

Moving story, thanks for sharing. I have the Quincey Jones soundtrack myself, top film .

made some progress on the build, thanks for your interest  :thumbsup:

Quote from: perttime on July 03, 2023, 11:25:55 AMThe car body looks pretty small on top of the F-14. I was imagining different proportions. Getting this to work would be way out of my league.

It's out of my league really but as they say on UK Mastermind, " i've started so i'll finish"  ;D  :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment..

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment..

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment..

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   

Wardukw

We've all seen flying cars but none have the style of a Jaguar and absolutely none will have this ones speed ..freaking cool build matey 👌 👍

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on July 04, 2023, 11:11:06 AMWe've all seen flying cars but none have the style of a Jaguar and absolutely none will have this ones speed ..freaking cool build matey 👌 👍

very kind thanks, not sure about the nose and I think the paint job might be the hardest part  :o  ;D

dry fitted the new engine and some other parts.....

You cannot view this attachment.