Main Menu

Jaguar 100 Flying Jet • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, June 24, 2023, 09:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

zenrat

Yep, having one all over colour really pulls it all together.

Bravo.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

:o  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

impressive combination / mashup !

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 11, 2023, 04:44:53 AMYep, having one all over colour really pulls it all together.

It does, doesn't it  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I couldn't tell where this was going at first but bit really came out well.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

I'm sure Sir William would have been pleased.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

very many thanks for the kind comments folks  :cheers:  I still need to get some kind of sanding dremel to improve the finish  :rolleyes:  ;D

more pics & hovercraft option.......

You cannot view this attachment.

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

Nope ..no Dremel ..by hand ..use car wax ..like Turtle or similar..alot of rubbing with clean very soft rags..you'll be amazed at the end result..a Dremel can spin to fast and eat the paint or heat up the plastic even with its polishing pads..ask me how I know  :banghead:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:10:38 PMNope ..no Dremel ..by hand ..use car wax ..like Turtle or similar..alot of rubbing with clean very soft rags..you'll be amazed at the end result..a Dremel can spin to fast and eat the paint or heat up the plastic even with its polishing pads..ask me how I know  :banghead:

ok thanks for the heads up ....I'll back away from a dremel, I was thinking of the cleaning up the filler nothing else, maybe precision files?  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 12, 2023, 12:56:53 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:10:38 PMNope ..no Dremel ..by hand ..use car wax ..like Turtle or similar..alot of rubbing with clean very soft rags..you'll be amazed at the end result..a Dremel can spin to fast and eat the paint or heat up the plastic even with its polishing pads..ask me how I know  :banghead:

ok thanks for the heads up ....I'll back away from a dremel, I was thinking of the cleaning up the filler nothing else, maybe precision files?  :thumbsup:
Strangely the only real way is good old sand paper..wet n dry is the only way to go or sanding pads..well worth hunting some of those down but for simplicity sake I just use sand paper..Aussie made wet n day and multiple grades..everything from 80 to 2000 grit ..it's cheap..lasts and when sanding with water..cuts beautifully without alot of effort.
Hell I use it to polish real cars head lights  :thumbsup:
Files just get clogged up and very quickly .
Files work on epoxy putty but only when it's 100 percent dry which is hard work with sand paper ..a dremel would work here to as the putty will be super hard and a dremel cutting bit will crave the putty and the sanding wheels and disc's will work to but on stuff like Tamiya putty sand paper is ya best bet.
I've got dozens of sheets of sand paper ..I work on real vehicles too so its needed for that aswell 🤘👍
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

lIke the others.. the solid colour really changes the look and it flows together.

Interesting concept.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

When it comes to sanding, good old fashioned toothpaste works marvellously in getting nice clear finishes on clear parts etc.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2023, 06:05:21 AMWhen it comes to sanding, good old fashioned toothpaste works marvellously in getting nice clear finishes on clear parts etc.

Great tip, I'll check that out thanks  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 14, 2023, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2023, 06:05:21 AMWhen it comes to sanding, good old fashioned toothpaste works marvellously in getting nice clear finishes on clear parts etc.

Canopy cleaning 101..use toothpaste.
That's does work nicely 👌

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 14, 2023, 12:51:31 PM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 14, 2023, 10:04:43 AM

Canopy cleaning 101..use toothpaste.
That's does work nicely 👌

And, it leaves everything minty fresh.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..