Main Menu

Gas Turbine Chieftain MBT 1/35

Started by buzzbomb, July 07, 2023, 11:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

I'm liking it Buzzy ..had a thought about upgrading it a wee bit more with a Commanders Independent Thermal Viewer CITV.. :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Thanks folks.
Quote from: Wardukw on July 26, 2023, 11:40:54 AMI'm liking it Buzzy ..had a thought about upgrading it a wee bit more with a Commanders Independent Thermal Viewer CITV.. :wacko:
No I don't think so, probably taken it is far as I intend to

Having said that, this is the final tweak, if the Turbine makes the tank faster, then perhaps a track revision might make sense. to include rubber pads.
These are Leopard Tracks and I reckon I will go with them

The start of this train of thought was a pack of Resin Centurion Hush Puppy tracks if had in the tracks drawer.  The combination of not having a spare Centurion drive sprocket (the sprocket teeth layout is a lot narrower) and the fact that they were resin which required a bit of heat and bend business, killed of that plan, but some rubber Leopard tracks... why not.

Old Wombat

Wardukw

Buzzy mate the track upgrade is a very nice and smart idea..that tank will be able to move quite a bit quicker now 😀
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

So that is it for the build part.

Now firmly in procrastination stage... the paint shop

Wardukw

Old Wombat

You can always start with the primer & work up from there, BT. ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 01, 2023, 04:45:57 AMYou can always start with the primer & work up from there, BT. ;)
Yup  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

That of course raises the question..colours ..what camo to paint it?.
Could just go with British dark green or OD ..then just weather to lighten it up abit.

Old Wombat

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 01, 2023, 09:36:21 AMBerlin Brigade! :wacko:
Was thinking that Guy but couldn't remember what it was called  ;D

Old Wombat

A different but simple scheme would be either British forces in Aden, or Jordanian.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Berlin Block gets my vote as well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!