Main Menu

Gas Turbine Chieftain MBT 1/35

Started by buzzbomb, July 07, 2023, 11:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

As of now.. the standard Green/black is looking like a starter as it is the simplest and least complicated.

However........
Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 01, 2023, 11:08:49 AM:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Berlin Block gets my vote as well.

Been down that path before.
From experience, the model now has too much stuff attached to successfully do the Berlin Brigade scheme. Last time anything that was sticky outey was not fitted until after painting.
Having said that, it is not off the table completely if the "Bwahahaha" voice in my head gets a vote. ;)
Besides, you can use part of the primer colour as some of the blocks  :wacko: 

Hang on what is that book on my shelf  ;D

PR19_Kit

That looks a handy book, where would I get a copy of that please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2023, 04:17:01 PMThat looks a handy book, where would I get a copy of that please?

I've got it too, it's a good book. Like all the Tankograd publications it's in both German and English.  It seems to be harder to get hold of these days, but not impossible, these guys seem to have stock.
https://www.paulmeekins.co.uk/product/45870/BRITISH-INFANTRY-BRIGADE-BERLIN-Kirchhoff-A

Failing that, you should be able to get it directly from Tankograd.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Thanks very much for that Mossie, I've just ordered it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

All of a sudden, we are away
In primer

Then... ok.. Berlin it is. Let the Masking escapades begin

All in all it did not take long at all, just a single session. Man I love SMS paints... dry to move the next step so quickly.
Masking, masking, masking. Couple of oopsies that got a quick re masking, masking.. then where it needs to be

So a bit of detail painting, decals and then a bit of a weather.
Tomorrow is another day  ;D

PR19_Kit

That looks terrific, I've always loved that camo scheme, perhaps because I saw the stuff more than a few times while working over there.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Good work.
Rather you than me though.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Woo-hoo! I'm an influencer! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Great work, BT! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And, yes, SMS paints are replacing Tamiya as my go-to for most things. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 05, 2023, 05:37:34 AMWoo-hoo! I'm an influencer! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Next thing you know is you'll be getting sponsored  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

One can easily imagine such a beast  sitting quietly on the Invalidenstrasse, by the Berlin Wall crossing point  with an air of restrained menace.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

They did just that, but without the gas turbine sound track of course.

The US Army M60s were worse though, my first apartment was right opposite their barracks main gate and they were my alarm clock, heading off to Check Point Charlie early every morning!  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Awesome stuff matey 👍 😀 😀
Very nice masking ..the weathering will bring it to life in a big way 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

What were you doing in Berlin Kit?
Or shouldn't we ask... :unsure:
Fred