Me Bf 110 Night Fighter Jet Floatplane • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, July 08, 2023, 03:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

Thought I'd have a go at an Me Bf 110 Jet as a light relief from the more tricky jet Jag. Couldn't find any other 110 jet versions but I did come across one as a ramjet testbed, looks fun .... so it may end up with 2 jets & a ramjet tail?

You cannot view this attachment.

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

zenrat

Love the box art.
Hope the fit is better than the Italeri Gustav currently on my bench...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

FROG box art usually was pretty good, sometimes a LOT better than the plastic in the box! But they did do some unusual models though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

Haven't seen a 110 with an Argus before.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

The Argus' exhaust fumes and the open combustion, well visible from the front esp. in darkness, would provide Allied bombers with a very good target marker? While I find the extra engine and its location very interesting, I am not certain about its use on a night fighter? But it's whifworld, and pretty cool.  ;)

Wardukw

Oh this is going to be interesting me thinks 🤔 😅
It's a twin..so automatically liked and it's a jet powered twin..even better 😃
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 01:53:55 AMOh this is going to be interesting me thinks 🤔 😅
It's a twin..so automatically liked and it's a jet powered twin..even better 😃

sorry it's not a twin, I've only got the one kit (I wish it was  ;D )

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 11, 2023, 11:34:28 PMThe Argus' exhaust fumes and the open combustion, well visible from the front esp. in darkness, would provide Allied bombers with a very good target marker? While I find the extra engine and its location very interesting, I am not certain about its use on a night fighter? But it's whifworld, and pretty cool.  ;)

Interesting point. I just like the night fighter look, the extra speed may help it, but if it was a flawed concept that would be good for the allies anyway.... a bit like the fact that the 262 had to slow down too early to land.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Oh you misunderstand matey  ;D ...twin is in engined  :thumbsup:
I have a thing for twin engined aircraft..always have so it don't matter what it is ..if it's a twin I like it 😉
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

made some progress but found the kit was missing the top of the nose & the undercarriage (bought it on ebay a few years back, forgot to check it)

Wardukw

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Ramjet for power Batman ..turbines for speed  :wacko:  :wacko:

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on July 30, 2023, 12:48:54 PM:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I could paint it black for the 1940s batplane, there's plenty of space for Robin  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D ( I think I already did that though with a triple Ho 229  ;D )

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 31, 2023, 06:26:39 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 30, 2023, 12:48:54 PM:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I could paint it black for the 1940s batplane, there's plenty of space for Robin  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D ( I think I already did that though with a triple Ho 229  ;D )
A dark gray and striped black camo ..or a medium gray works too..maybe even better looks wise  ;D

Vulcan7

Some progress as time is running out  :o ...gone for the Tirpitz Defender Fjord Floatplane version....

Wardukw

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dude that looks brilliant 👏 👍 😀

At some point I'm gonna build a float plane to but it might change into a amphibian..which will of course make things far more difficult  :banghead:  :wacko: