Me Bf 110 Night Fighter Jet Floatplane • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, July 08, 2023, 03:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 15, 2023, 05:38:40 AM65p? :o

Heavens, I'll have to give up this plastic modelling hobby, I'll never be able to afford it in the future!

;D and thats not the cheapest one I had in my stash :thumbsup:

26p

You cannot view this attachment.
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Vulcan7

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 15, 2023, 05:44:32 AMI like the landing/take-off pic's! :thumbsup:

I borrowed the backgrounds from good old Spitfire floatplane pics  ;D

many thanks for the kind comments folks  :cheers:

Vulcan7

many thanks  :cheers:

The back story.......  :o

& in English  ;D .....

Dear Willy
I need, as a matter of urgency, a fast floatplane fighter to protect my precious Tirpitz from those nasty RAF bombers.
Please see to it at once, maybe you can upgrade some of those many obsolete 110's you already have in stock.

and not forgetting the comic book  ;D ....

With German Greetings  AH

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I like it!  I'd not thought of a triple float set-up, but it works perfectly.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 15, 2023, 12:41:20 PMAusgezeichnet!

Yes, I think that says it all regarding the perfect backstory for this build. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

Quote from: Vostoc7 on August 15, 2023, 08:02:32 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 15, 2023, 05:38:40 AM65p? :o

Heavens, I'll have to give up this plastic modelling hobby, I'll never be able to afford it in the future!

;D and thats not the cheapest one I had in my stash :thumbsup:

26p

Oh THAT Matchbox 188 makes me nervous  ;D was my absolute favourite kit in the late 70's  , the box art is amazing.

Your pictures and the model are great,  wish could do something like that. Looks very good.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Vulcan7

Quote from: killnoizer on August 16, 2023, 03:38:00 AMOh THAT Matchbox 188 makes me nervous  ;D was my absolute favourite kit in the late 70's  , the box art is amazing.

Your pictures and the model are great,  wish could do something like that. Looks very good.

:cheers:

here's a better pic of the box  :thumbsup:  All you need to do with your great models is photograph them on a plain background, at a 45 degree angle works well, maybe natural light from one side :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on August 16, 2023, 01:19:08 PM
Quote from: killnoizer on August 16, 2023, 03:38:00 AMOh THAT Matchbox 188 makes me nervous  ;D was my absolute favourite kit in the late 70's  , the box art is amazing.

:cheers:

here's a better pic of the box  :thumbsup:  All you need to do with your great models is photograph them on a plain background, at a 45 degree angle works well, maybe natural light from one side :thumbsup:

Thanks to a German mate of mine I'm picking up a 48th Ju188 next week 😁
And then save some bickkies and buy another 88 of Bungle 😊
Then the thinking begins  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on August 16, 2023, 01:42:27 PMThanks to a German mate of mine I'm picking up a 48th Ju188 next week 😁

48 + 188 + 88 = a very large, very cool interesting build  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on August 16, 2023, 01:42:27 PMThanks to a German mate of mine I'm picking up a 48th Ju188 next week 😁

Many moons ago a good friend of mine bashed two 188's together to create something 488ish, from Italeri kits, IIRC:

1:72 Junkers Ju 488 bomber/reconaissance plane (kit-bashing/scratch-built) +++ GUEST WORK +++
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 Junkers Ju 488 bomber/reconaissance plane (kit-bashing/scratch-built) +++ GUEST WORK +++
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Upper pic is the first incarnation, but it was not fully satisfying (odd fins, simple livery), so that it underwent a renovation (lower picture, WiP).

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit