The Bv 148, Dr Vogt's 'conventional' version of the Bv 141 - DONE

Started by PR19_Kit, July 08, 2023, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 03, 2023, 10:05:59 AMThe wings are about done, I've scribed all the panel lines, a right pain of a job, but it's done, and all the PSR is finished too. I'm almost ready to glue them in place, but......

The fuselage has no panel lines at all, and as it's a cylinder a lot of them will need to go AROUND the fuselage and I just know I'll make a hash of them. :(

What I need is some sort of guide to align the scribing tools, but nothing I have is hard enough of flexible enough. Any ideas?

6' rule? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 03, 2023, 10:05:59 AMThe wings are about done, I've scribed all the panel lines, a right pain of a job, but it's done, and all the PSR is finished too. I'm almost ready to glue them in place, but......

The fuselage has no panel lines at all, and as it's a cylinder a lot of them will need to go AROUND the fuselage and I just know I'll make a hash of them. :(

What I need is some sort of guide to align the scribing tools, but nothing I have is hard enough of flexible enough. Any ideas?

A leather trouser belt, perhaps!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Kit that label maker tape seems to be the way to go.
I just brought 4 push broach scriber bits and the dude I brought them off is sending me a roll of that tape even though I just brought 3 rolls of Temu ..$7.50 nz with free postage  :thumbsup:
I've got to rescribe a 32nd A-4..all of it ..im looking forward to it 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Dymo tape would work, yes, IF I could find any!, but nowadays they use a different sort and that won't work.

I've got a 6" rule, it's what I used to scribe the wings, but it doesn't bend.

The hell with it, the wings are glued on now, and the tail will be by bed time as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

A bit late, but I have heard talk of cutting down a section of steel measuring tape (narrowing it a bit) and using that?
The retractable, spring-loaded builders' tape measure kind, I mean.

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Now THAT'S a good idea! I can even adjust the depth of the panel line too!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

And here we have it, the complete assembly, with panel lines on the wings even!  ;D

Needs some PSR on the wing roots, but this is a 1970s Airfix kit at its roots of course.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 03, 2023, 12:50:36 PMDymo tape would work, yes, IF I could find any!,

I've some I can stick in the post to you mate, I gave up scribing eons ago. No idea how much is left on the roll though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 03, 2023, 04:52:17 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 03, 2023, 04:04:11 AMIt's looking very good Kit, but I have this vision of a special ground crew detachment running out with some props for the front end every time one comes into land. Human brain is a funny thing at times.

With the engine where it is, aft of the mainwheels, and that hefty turret waaaaaay back there, I don't think there'd be too much of a problem. I hope so anyway.

I think my brain hears a "snap" more than anything else, as I said the brains a funny thing.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2023, 06:19:18 AMI've some I can stick in the post to you mate, I gave up scribing eons ago. No idea how much is left on the roll though.

That would be wonderful, thanks so much.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Looking pretty weird & wacky, but, also, awesome! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 04, 2023, 08:56:21 AMLooking pretty weird & wacky, but, also, awesome! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :mellow:

Wait until he puts the prop blades on!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est