The Bv 148, Dr Vogt's 'conventional' version of the Bv 141 - DONE

Started by PR19_Kit, July 08, 2023, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on September 04, 2023, 10:15:22 AMWait until he puts the prop blades on!

They'll be very last bits I add, or they'll just keep breaking off without the landing gear in place. Even then they won't be fireproof of course. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

This is going to be so good once done ..definitely 😀😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

The wings and tail are painted now, but I left the fuselage as I have yet to scribe the panel lines. I have an idea about doing that I may try later today.................

The cockpit is painted too, as much as it will ever be, so next to do there is to glue all the windows in. I have the pukka masking set for all those tiny little window panes, and that's going to take for EVER to mask up I know! :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

While De Luxe's Glue 'n Glaze may be the world's best transparency glue, according to the manufacturer, but it's a PAIN to use in the real modelling world! The nozzle is about 10 times as large as it needs to be (and yes, I AM using the small blue, add-on one as well....) and it spreads glue everywhere! Of course it gets all over your fingers and then you have to hold the transparency in place and your fingers are glued to it, as soon as you take your finger off, OFF comes the transparency as well.  :banghead:  :banghead:

It's taken me maybe half an hour to glue the three bits of clear onto the cockpit of the 148, and I need to lie down in a dark room for a bit now!

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2023, 05:36:58 AMWhile De Luxe's Glue 'n Glaze may be the world's best transparency glue, according to the manufacturer, but it's a PAIN to use in the real modelling world! The nozzle is about 10 times as large as it needs to be (and yes, I AM using the small blue, add-on one as well....) and it spreads glue everywhere! Of course it gets all over your fingers and then you have to hold the transparency in place and your fingers are glued to it, as soon as you take your finger off, OFF comes the transparency as well.  :banghead:  :banghead:

I put a blob on one of my old business cards, I was issued with a box load a month before I retired with a new logo  :banghead:  and then use a sharpened toothpick.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 04, 2023, 07:40:09 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2023, 06:19:18 AMI've some I can stick in the post to you mate, I gave up scribing eons ago. No idea how much is left on the roll though.

That would be wonderful, thanks so much.  :thumbsup:

Went in the post this morning  :thumbsup:

As an aside, where did you get that Hataka paint set from ? I need to pick up a couple
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Thanks very much Chris.  :thumbsup:

I used the toothpick trick later on too, it seemed the only practical solution.

That was the 'Late War Luftwaffe' set and I got it from Modelsforsale in Raunds, Northants. As I'm in the county this week I collected it last Wednesday too.  ;D

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Got most of the main paint colours on the wings and tail now, and the transparencies are all in place at last.

It's starting to look like an aeroplane, if ANY B & V design can be said to do that of course!

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Nice colours! :thumbsup:

(PS: I'll be disappointed if you don't take any pic's of the turret from the rear, even if it is slightly wonky! :( )
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 05, 2023, 08:46:39 AM(PS: I'll be disappointed if you don't take any pic's of the turret from the rear, even if it is slightly wonky! :( )

Maybe slightly off centre line then..................  ;D

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

That's looking great mate 👍 😀
A canopy glue I love using is Micro Kristal Klear ..tooth pic is the best tool here for us but it's easy to work with and you don't need much for it to work .
I glued a broken 32nd scale A-4 Skyhawk canopy together with and it's sweet now 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I used to use Kristal Klear, but it's not easy to get in the UK now and it's expensive too. the De Luxe stuff is almost exactly the same stuff and is a lot cheaper too.

The clear bits are on now, and have been Kleer'd all over, now I've got to mask them................ :(

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Try getting a product called Glue n Glaze. Krystal Kleer in all but name.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic