The Bv 148, Dr Vogt's 'conventional' version of the Bv 141 - DONE

Started by PR19_Kit, July 08, 2023, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

So great work, it looks professionnal, not amateurish at all, yes? :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Not yet, but it will look pretty good when it's all assembled, I hope.

The main parts will need some serious PSR I suspect, but it wouldn't be a Whiff if it didn't.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Here's the proper size bulkheads arrayed around the sacrificial fuselage before all the drilling and re-drilling. Because the styrene is so soft I had to step up the drills in 0.5 mm steps, which took a while to do, but it all worked out nicely.

You cannot view this attachment.

Then it was a case of razor sawing the bits of fuselage into the correct lengths, also done on Pete's tiny lathe, then trimming their inner edges to suit and gluing the bulkheads on place.

Here's the assembled fuselage sections mounted in the positions about where they'll be when it's completed, with the original Bv 141 fuselage approximately where it will go relative to the new bits, after sawing it off in the right places.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 22, 2023, 05:57:08 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 22, 2023, 05:50:28 AMHmmmm, slight balls-up on the bulkhead manufacture process............ :(

Errrrr, a SLIGHT discrepancy in the diameter I'll admit, so it looks like we'll have to do it all again but at least we proved the technique!  ;D

No, I've NO idea where the '9.7 mm' dia. measurement came from, I've re-measured everything on this job and NOTHING comes to 9.7 mm. It should be 14.6 mm so I'm chopping up ten LARGER pieces of styrene now................

Measure! Measure! Cut! ... Oops! ... Measure! Measure! Measure! Cut! ... Bugger! ... Measure! Measure! Measure! Measure! Cut! ... You've got to be kidding! ... Measure! Measure! Measure! Measure! Measure! Cut! ... Oh, for f___sake! ... Measure! Measure! Measure! Measure! Measure! Measure! Cut! ... :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: I give up! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Hahaha yup 😆
It's like that Hasegawa F-4 Phantom model..I picked that up last Wednesday and the whole way there I had the number 63 in my head for his address..yup 63 ..won't forget that..sweet no problem at all..63 ..now I'll just check his address one more time..43  :banghead:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I've got the central fuselage and prop hub assembly all glued together now, and amazingly it fits pretty well as I wanted it to, and the prop hubs actually rotate!  ;D

It looks pretty messy, and it'll need loads of PSR I've no doubt, but the basic parts are now all there.

The big rod sticking out of the left hand end in the pic will be sawn off when it's all dried out and the cabin will be glued and PSR'd onto that end. I've got to figure out what to do with the far end of the tail yet, but so far it's not looking too bad.

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

I really do like these high end engineering builds :thumbsup:

For all the trials and tribulations they do award with a high degree of satisfaction when it come together. So I am cheering you on here.

Wardukw

Lovin the work Kit  :wub:  ;D
I already know this is going to be amazing.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Tophe

PR19_Kit

I'm surprised how well it all worked actually. The bulkheads needed very little fettling to fit inside the bits of fuselage, and one glued and set they were very strong.

Getting the prop hubs parallel was difficult, LOTS of filing in particular places to minimise the gaps between them, and while they're not perfect, they're good enough to my mind.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Actually what tour building is quite easy ....if you don't want the props to turn ....what your building thou is something very difficult..takes a heap of thinking and engineering to get it to work ..that's why this is a bloody impressive build 😊

PR19_Kit

Thanks so much, makes it well worth while getting the admiration of your peers.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The tail turret/fuselage section moulds are long gone. I think they went in the bin last year.

The masters were from the Toad Heinkel He 277 conversion. I think I have one tucked away I can strip?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic