The Bv 148, Dr Vogt's 'conventional' version of the Bv 141 - DONE

Started by PR19_Kit, July 08, 2023, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Really like the way this is evolving with some thought around practicality, form and function :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on August 05, 2023, 11:03:47 PMFred that would bea Junkers Ju288 ya have there.

I've always thought the 288 and 388 were very attractive aircraft. It's the nose glazing that does it for me.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Phil.  I like the ducted spinners.  I've got a kit of an Arado with them.  Wasn't aware they were used on other aircraft.
I'd like to fit some on something like a Beaufighter or a Yokosuka Ginga.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Defensive armament will be an issue unless you use barbets' on the rear fuselage as any rearward faceing gunner in the crew area has the propellors to shoot at.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on August 06, 2023, 04:07:24 AMThanks Phil.  I like the ducted spinners.  I've got a kit of an Arado with them.  Wasn't aware they were used on other aircraft.
I'd like to fit some on something like a Beaufighter or a Yokosuka Ginga.
Ducted spinners were experimentally fitted to a variety of aircraft, here's three types as examples.

The Fw 190 V1 had a ducted spinner.

They were also fitted to the Fw 187.
You cannot view this attachment.

A Tempest also received one in combination with an annular radiator.

PR19_Kit

I've got a Huma Ju 288 kit as well. And very nice it looks, but I'm not sure how to Whiff it yet.

Various people saw the makings of the Bv 148 at the Avon Show today, and the general reaction was 'Spackman, what ARE you on???'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The only way I'd whiff a Ju 288 would be build it straight in in service markings. And then roundels and Air Min numbers.  Others may wish to use other captured markings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Make a holiday house out of your Ju 288.
Czech architect Jan Kaplicky, Vehicle 1980.
;D

kerick

Quote from: jcf on August 06, 2023, 01:57:48 PMMake a holiday house out of your Ju 288.
Czech architect Jan Kaplicky, Vehicle 1980.
;D

I'm not sure what is under that canopy but it's not a cockpit!
Makes me think of some sort of moon buggy.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

If ya look at the bottom pic ..in the upper part there looks like a kitchen unit with sink and if you look in front of that there looks like a hand rail connected to what looks like a upper deck .
There's something seriously wrong with this as there is nit that much room in a 388s cockpit..the front is wide enough for one dude to sit and as
for bedding forget about that.
It's possible that this was designed for 6in tall ppl.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

loupgarou

Quote from: Wardukw on August 06, 2023, 10:04:34 PMIf ya look at the bottom pic ..in the upper part there looks like a kitchen unit with sink and if you look in front of that there looks like a hand rail connected to what looks like a upper deck .
There's something seriously wrong with this as there is nit that much room in a 388s cockpit..the front is wide enough for one dude to sit and as
Architects.... :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Wardukw

Quote from: loupgarou on August 06, 2023, 11:54:09 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 06, 2023, 10:04:34 PMIf ya look at the bottom pic ..in the upper part there looks like a kitchen unit with sink and if you look in front of that there looks like a hand rail connected to what looks like a upper deck .
Could not agree more 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: loupgarou on August 06, 2023, 11:54:09 PM

Or its been scaled up.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!