The Bv 148, Dr Vogt's 'conventional' version of the Bv 141 - DONE

Started by PR19_Kit, July 08, 2023, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

PR19_Kit

Quote from: frank2056 on September 09, 2023, 07:19:56 PMPaul Budzik has some great techniques, many "old" school.

I've filed that, thanks for the link.  :thumbsup:

I notice he doesn't have a section on brush painting though....................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've been tarting up the cockpits of a trio of 141s, using a photo of the Hobbyboss 48th kit as a template. Mind, it's almost pointless as you can see sod all through the canopy.  I'll post a photo later.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

As promised.

You cannot view this attachment.

Adding the same parts to a long stalled one

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2023, 10:46:29 PM
Quote from: frank2056 on September 09, 2023, 07:19:56 PMPaul Budzik has some great techniques, many "old" school.

I've filed that, thanks for the link.  :thumbsup:

I notice he doesn't have a section on brush painting though....................

I notice he hasn't posted many whiffs...   ;)

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 10, 2023, 04:57:59 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 10, 2023, 04:34:55 AMNice work Lee.  :thumbsup:

Just some basic card to liven it up.

But it still adds something. Even the suggestion of detail is better than the not-very-much they give you in the box.  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

There's some odd shaped magazine holders that should be there, plus a tube leading down from the upper gun, but I think I've really done enough. Just the observer's seat to go onto the rails and I have a resin one that's ideal.  The pilot's seat is crap and bears no resemblance to the real thing, but as two were already in, I just went with it. 

You can go too far down this rabbithole. I just wanted something a tad better.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

A TRIO of 141s?  :o  :o

Are we expect some in Spanish markings then?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Two are, the third will be captured but I'm undecided as to a scheme.

Three does sound a bit much, but one is a salvage built originally in 1993 and the other was built 20 years ago and stalled.  Getting some of the bits into the cockpit was challenging.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rick Lowe

What about something along the lines of a Bf-110 Night Fighter scheme?
Idea is that it was a project involving a camera aircraft accompanying said Night Fighters to film them downing the Bomber Scourge; thrilling 'Wagemut' for the masses in the Kinos.

The Wooksta!

Actually, given that the Fw 189 was used as a nightfighter against Po 2s, one with radar in a nightfighter scheme isn't too much of a stretch.  See also Siebel Si 204 and He 111.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rick Lowe

I'd forgotten that (if I ever knew it...) - yeah, it would have been slow enough to have a better chance of keeping up (down?) with them.

Maybe one used by the French in Indochina, against the Viet Minh's Po 2s?
Or in South Korean markings, ditto?

PR19_Kit

Dragging this thread back to its roots  ;D the panel lime scribing on the 148 has gone as far as it's going to go now. It's too  much of a fiddle to do any more when the wings and tail keep getting in the way of my heft hands.

I'm also, sloooooowly, getting the masking tabs in place on the cockpit glazing but it's a mind numbing task.

I've also almost got the fairing done aft of the cockpit, just a bit of PSR (famous last words....) to do and I can start painting the fuselage.

Regards
Kit