The Bv 148, Dr Vogt's 'conventional' version of the Bv 141 - DONE

Started by PR19_Kit, July 08, 2023, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

frank2056

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

buzzbomb

Everything about this works, it is paper project real, dug out of some forgotten archive.

Really like this :wub:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

I must say, it is an impressive build, Kit.  Nearly as big as a Medium Bomber. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on September 25, 2023, 05:55:06 AMI must say, it is an impressive build, Kit.  Nearly as big as a Medium Bomber. :thumbsup:

I was surprised it came out so big myself, but that's because of an over-application of Kit's 1st Rule I suspect.  ;D 

I just used up all of the bits of two Bv 141 kits that I had, and then the fuselage had to be longer just to balance out the look of the thing.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It's good but I suspect that it would be underpowered for the size.  The later Bv 148B with the Jumo 222E was better, but only flew as prototypes.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

With 1700 bhp?

Of course the B's had a much fatter fuselage to take that monster of an engine. Hmmm, I've got a couple of them in a Huma Ju 288 kit, but I've not got enough Bv 141s left at the mo.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The 2500hp Jumo 222 would just about fit in the fuselage as it wasn't much bigger than a 213. The Ju 288C had the DB 610, which being two DB605s welded together is much wider.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Impressive beast! :thumbsup:

And the view from the cockpit at ground must have been great, too!  :lol:

Reminds me that I must do a cockpit-in-front-of-a-prop whif someday, too.  :rolleyes:

63cpe

Amazing build! Absoluty bonkers. That double prop is a very nice feature like that cockpit.

Congrats on finishing this project must have been a hairy one.

David aka 63cpe