Ford Capri Mk2 Panel Van with photos

Started by McColm, July 11, 2023, 06:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I've been working on this for quite a while it was going to be a Motorcross Capri but I managed to cram a V8 engine in the front and I have raided the spare parts boxes plus the other Capri started builds. Other parts are from the Dinky die-cast Ford Capri Police Car that I was trying to restore.
Ford did produce the Cortina pickup which later became the P-100 using the Ford Sierra front end built in South Africa and Portugal, later models were built in Turkey.
Mine has an Australian-American feel about it,  its not finished yet but you get the general idea from these photos.
The bumpers aren't glued on. The side panels and rear will be painted or at least sprayed with primer.

Reminds me of a Hillman Hunter from the back.

PR19_Kit

It reminds me of a Hunter from the back too.  :thumbsup:

Even more of the prototype Hunter, which was called the Arrow, as it had a much shorter boot than the production versions.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

thundereagle1997

We all want to see a General Motors designed aerodynamically
efficiently streamlined panel van probably a Chevy in the U.S.A &
a Holden here in Australia. Anyway, keep up the amazing effort & hard work McColm.

McColm

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on July 14, 2023, 12:20:02 AMWe all want to see a General Motors designed aerodynamically
efficiently streamlined panel van probably a Chevy in the U.S.A &
a Holden here in Australia. Anyway, keep up the amazing effort & hard work McColm.
I'm watching the TV series Custom Valley and there's a few ideas that I want to build. The stash would need to increase and my attempts using epoxy resin improved but I will get there.

McColm