Main Menu

P-89 Ultra Lighting

Started by Wardukw, July 11, 2023, 04:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Jon those are a couple of very useful pics mate 👍
As for those turbos I'm thinking that making this super complicated and confusing as hell all at the same time does make it far more interesting   :wacko:
Actually the twin turbosuperchargers is just an idea when I first wrote about it and it's mostly to add detail to the upper fuselage of the new engines but with what you wrote about the intake mounted on top of the fuselage has got me thinking again  ;D
It will give me the details I want and kill a couple of birds at the same time ..so the ideas will keep flowing Jon 👌
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

I made a start ..Kits gonna like this fact..this has got much longer wings than the standard P-38 😄.
It's kinda strange but this is going together rather easily...much easier than I expected.
The cockpit is built as is the back seaters spot ...I'll detail that tomorrow and possibly paint it to so I can get the 2 parts of the fuselage glued together.
I'll also start to lay out the placement for the rear landing gear which I'm gonna have to build completely from scratch.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on July 21, 2023, 12:42:46 AMI made a start ..Kits gonna like this fact..this has got much longer wings than the standard P-38 😄.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Well the general build is nearly done ..all that's left is the rear landing gear ..which is built but just needs mounting.
It's PSR time in a big way ..laided the first layer of Tamiya white putty and Tamiya epoxy putty ..tomorrow will be wet sanding to just clean up the gaps so I can do it all over again 🙂😆
Also have to built the gear doors for the rear landing gear which will be pretty easy..detailing the inside of the landing gear tho is gonna be a different story 😳.
Not sure how it will go so I'll wait and see .

Tophe

:thumbsup:  Good! We hope there will be pictures...  :unsure:

Wardukw

Very soon Tophe mate..tomorrow could be possible but don't quote me  ;D

Wardukw

Rightyo then heres some pics of this thing so far ,,,

As usual its starts with cutting and hacking to get what you have in your mind into the real world ..
DSCF4311 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Getting the all important nose weights in the nose .,.theres twice as much in there now tho .
DSCF4313 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Landing gear
DSCF4314 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4315 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now its glued together and its shaping time ..getting the lines right is pretty important as it screws with the profile .
DSCF4316 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4317 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Payed a little bit of attention to the engines ..they looked kinda boring and empty ..
DSCF4321 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4322 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4324 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Now is the first dab of PSR ,,,its getting there gents and with less effort than i thought there would be  <_<
DSCF4325 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4326 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

PR19_Kit

I wondered why it looked so HUGE just in the pics. Then I realised I was referencing the squares on your cutting mat and it's a 1/48 model of course.

It IS huge!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2023, 10:40:01 PMI wondered why it looked so HUGE just in the pics. Then I realised I was referencing the squares on your cutting mat and it's a 1/48 model of course.

It IS huge!  ;D
😆
That got me thinking mate...wing span is 375mm 14 3/4 ins 👍
I haven't even put the engines on it yet 😕

Tophe

Wardukw

Your welcome matey 👍 😀 😊

Tophe

I've noticed : the external tailplanes (not P-38-ish) make it already a true whif! :thumbsup:

Wardukw

One thing I forgot to do is put up the pic of the plane which made me want to build this  :banghead:

Zero-Sen

I do not know why but It reminds me of something I did more than a decade ago... :wacko:

Quote from: Caveman on October 30, 2022, 10:54:04 AM
Quote from: Zero-Sen on April 24, 2021, 04:11:47 PM... and the ChainBolt its heaviest variant.

Oh I like this. Had a very dirty attempt at a top view: