Main Menu

P-89 Ultra Lighting

Started by Wardukw, July 11, 2023, 04:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

OK I've had s long hard thought about this and after a long coffee induced deliberation it was a toss up between the Coca-Cola storage and oil coolers ...and the winner is oil coolers ..makes sense at the end ofthe day  :thumbsup:
The Coca-Cola supply is under the radar operators seat   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

jcf

Quote from: Wardukw on July 28, 2023, 11:59:14 AMOK I've had s long hard thought about this and after a long coffee induced deliberation it was a toss up between the Coca-Cola storage and oil coolers ...and the winner is oil coolers ..makes sense at the end ofthe day  :thumbsup:
The Coca-Cola supply is under the radar operators seat  ;D
One for the engine and one for the turbosupercharger bearings?
;)

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on July 29, 2023, 08:46:00 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 28, 2023, 11:59:14 AMOK I've had s long hard thought about this and after a long coffee induced deliberation it was a toss up between the Coca-Cola storage and oil coolers ...and the winner is oil coolers ..makes sense at the end ofthe day  :thumbsup:
The Coca-Cola supply is under the radar operators seat  ;D
One for the engine and one for the turbosupercharger bearings?
;)

Yup I like those ideas and I'm officially going to steal them off you  :wacko:  <_<
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Well its painted..well it's black now and the weathering has started...haven't even painted the cockpit yet but I will.
Working at the camp slowed everything and my 400+km day on Wednesday didn't help but that was a good day ☺️
This weekend though I intend to do some real damage to this build...looking forward to it to  ;D

Wardukw

Well I was able to attack this thing today ..the work for today ended alot earlier than expected so I was able to start the weathering.
Tomorrow I'll probably gloss it ..help to protect the paint ..the cockpits are going to get some attention to .
I want this to be  a old warrior with a impressive collection of kills and a very war weary appearance
...so far it's looking good 👍

killnoizer

That is heavy boosted monster , right .  Interesting to see those scratch parts at the wings , looks good.

See you at the finish line dude , I also got a 1:48 nightfighter Lightning to build , and my girl ordered it in BLACK  :thumbsup:

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

AeroplaneDriver

Turbocharger intercoolers?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 06, 2023, 06:18:59 PM

Turbocharger intercoolers?

Them too Nick..intakes are big enough for it  ;D

Wardukw

It's got decals buys..now it looks official.
I've combined the P-38s decals with P-47 ones and some thing else..I put better sized stars and bars on it and they look far better .

Now to pin wash it and then matt coat it and she's all done 👍

DogfighterZen

Only saw this now... and i'm shocked... what a freakin beast... :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 10, 2023, 12:36:48 PMOnly saw this now... and i'm shocked... what a freakin beast... :wub:
Well all going well pics of the finished build will be here very soon 😀

DogfighterZen

I've something similar planned but i'll be using a different bird as starting point... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 10, 2023, 12:50:28 PMI've something similar planned but i'll be using a different bird as starting point... :mellow:
Oh that's got me interested matey  ;D
If it's anything like your other builds it's gonna be pretty damn good 👍

Wardukw

It's done lads ..this black beasty looks like what it's meant to do .
The thing is now that I kinda think it's would have also looked very cool in day time colours and load it out with bombs as a ground attack aircraft.

At some point ya never know .

Pics tomorrow boys 😊

Rick Lowe

Maybe load her up anyway; call it re-tasked for twilight attack, with the radar being used to search for ground targets...
Just a thought...  ;)  ;D