Whiff GB at Britmodeller

Started by The Rat, July 17, 2023, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

The rules are "any vehicle designed for the military that didn't enter service." I'm not a vehicle guy, but for those who are, you might wish to have a go.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235127941-project-cancelled-now-at-11/
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

That sounded interesting Ratty ..then I started reading the rules ..it's not a wiffy build..pretty much everything has to have already been built which means it's just a kit build .
Reminds me to much of the GBs on armorama .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Reading further they define "vehicle" as "aircraft, ship, submarine, or ground vehicle".  I MIGHT think about it...I don't frequent the site much any more as sometimes it can get a bit tedious.  Might be a good excuse for my Freightdog SR.177 to see the light of day. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Rat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 17, 2023, 01:30:07 PMReading further they define "vehicle" as "aircraft, ship, submarine, or ground vehicle".

Okay, my mind stops when I see 'vehicle.'  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

zenrat

No one does it like us.  You want to join in a real Whiff GB, come to the source.   :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

It could be about right, if you want to build a paper project vehicle or something else that never entered service.

The linked thread contains the idea of the Finnish sorta Mosquito with DB 605 engines.

The Wooksta!

Not for me. I boycotted Britmodeller when they banned Tony O'Toole.

They have a little sub board for what ifs.  Sounds nice, doesn't it?  No, it's a ghetto to keep whiffs off their nice clean lawn.  I haven't spent the last thirty years pushing whiffs just to be shoved into a ghetto.  Bugger them, bugger their increasingly authoritarian attitudes and bugger their joyless site.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 18, 2023, 06:51:21 AMNot for me. I boycotted Britmodeller when they banned Tony O'Toole.

They have a little sub board for what ifs.  Sounds nice, doesn't it?  No, it's a ghetto to keep whiffs off their nice clean lawn.  I haven't spent the last thirty years pushing whiffs just to be shoved into a ghetto.  Bugger them, bugger their increasingly authoritarian attitudes and bugger their joyless site.
Lee that's the impression I was getting the more I read about this GB...seems like if ya can't prove it its not allowed and I'll bet it has to be a proper picture of the subject and that's gonna limit ppl bigtime..just seems to controlled and I don't like that ..rivet counters only welcomed it seems.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

The rivet counting is the reason I rarely visit anymore.  Really the only time I go there is if I'm googling something for research and it brings up a result there.  Couldnt tell you the last time I just went to browse. 

Shame really...was a decent board at one point. 

kerick

It's terrible when a good thing like this hobby turns toxic.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

I always put posted my stuff with the normal aircraft.

It was a fantastic forum, but the mods became over zealous, the fun people left (a whole swathe were forced out a decade back) and it just became more and more joyless.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on July 17, 2023, 02:05:51 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 17, 2023, 01:30:07 PMReading further they define "vehicle" as "aircraft, ship, submarine, or ground vehicle".

Okay, my mind stops when I see 'vehicle.'  ;D

In their defence they didn't say 'platform' 😱😱😱😱
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

I've found them to be quite receptive to my junk attempts.

jcf

Clearly it's a Project Cancelled GB rather than a "What-If" GB.

As to the prove it was being worked on part, many of things that some folk consider to be projects
were/are actually studies, which are sometimes quite generic, that don't lead to a formal project.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: jcf on July 18, 2023, 07:36:21 PMClearly it's a Project Cancelled GB rather than a "What-If" GB.

As to the prove it was being worked on part, many of things that some folk consider to be projects
were/are actually studies, which are sometimes quite generic, that don't lead to a formal project.

Excellent point.