German Focke-Wulf FW 184

Started by Oldpanzer1, July 18, 2023, 12:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldpanzer1

This is an WIF German ground attack jet designed around a twin BMW003 engine design with a single large intake.
The aircraft was able to carry two bombs and had four 30mm cannons in the nose. It had a crew of two.

I used a F-86 as the basis and did some cutting and redesigning of the nose using an old Lindberg ME-262 engine for the nose. You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   

loupgarou

Very credible aircraft. Very good idea and realization.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

frank2056

63cpe

Interesting luft 46 project!  Nice kitbashing techniques in the execution. Yeah, I like it.

At first glance had the impression you used a F-84 as a basis.

David aka 63cpe

Dizzyfugu

killnoizer

Absolut good, like that very much !!
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

Looks like one of the more credible Focke Wulf designs, I just don't remember the number.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

That does look good & credible, too. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Oldpanzer1

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I find it amazing how un-F-86ish it looks. I hacked one up many moons ago for a tailless B&V whif, but that still retained a lot of the original look, despte efforts to hide them. I may steal the concept and build a personal interpretation of this one here some day, I esp. like the cutout for the engines and the framed canopy.  :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Top Luft46 build  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

That's extremely cool ..I do like that 😄😄
That just like a single seat twin jet engined Focke-Wulf which by the look of it ..it never had a number or model name given it .
In my book it's just called Focke wulf twin engined jet fighter and this one looks remarkable close 👌
It was ment to be powered by 2 Heinkel HeS 011 jets with 2865lbs static thrust.
If you look at the XF-88..predecessor to the F-101 Voodoo side one that's extremely close to the FW..fact it looks almost like a bigger copy.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Oldpanzer1

Quote from: Wardukw on July 19, 2023, 06:28:42 PMThat's extremely cool ..I do like that 😄😄
That just like a single seat twin jet engined Focke-Wulf which by the look of it ..it never had a number or model name given it .
In my book it's just called Focke wulf twin engined jet fighter and this one looks remarkable close 👌
It was ment to be powered by 2 Heinkel HeS 011 jets with 2865lbs static thrust.
If you look at the XF-88..predecessor to the F-101 Voodoo side one that's extremely close to the FW..fact it looks almost like a bigger copy.

Thanks, that was what I had seen before and was be basis.  :thumbsup: