German Focke-Wulf FW 184

Started by Oldpanzer1, July 18, 2023, 12:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldpanzer1

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 19, 2023, 11:06:08 AMI find it amazing how un-F-86ish it looks. I hacked one up many moons ago for a tailless B&V whif, but that still retained a lot of the original look, despte efforts to hide them. I may steal the concept and build a personal interpretation of this one here some day, I esp. like the cutout for the engines and the framed canopy.  :thumbsup:
Thank you, I just kept cutting till it didn't look like an 86! I used an old ME-410 canopy to make it a two seater.

Wardukw

Quote from: Oldpanzer1 on July 20, 2023, 02:00:12 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 19, 2023, 06:28:42 PMThat's extremely cool ..I do like that 😄😄
That just like a single seat twin jet engined Focke-Wulf which by the look of it ..it never had a number or model name given it .
In my book it's just called Focke wulf twin engined jet fighter and this one looks remarkable close 👌
It was ment to be powered by 2 Heinkel HeS 011 jets with 2865lbs static thrust.
If you look at the XF-88..predecessor to the F-101 Voodoo side one that's extremely close to the FW..fact it looks almost like a bigger copy.

Thanks, that was what I had seen before and was be basis.  :thumbsup:

Ahhh that's so cool 😎 😄
What I like about yours is its not a direct copy..yours is 100 percent wiff  ;D
And honestly..ive never seen a F86 look better 🤙🤘
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Oldpanzer1 on July 20, 2023, 02:02:24 PMI used an old ME-410 canopy to make it a two seater.

Ah. I was remineded of an early Gloster Meteor NF canopy! Works well, too.  :thumbsup: