1/35 Spheroid tank

Started by frank2056, July 26, 2023, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:..awesome 😊😊😍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Vous savez que vous ne pouvez pas obtenir les pièces pour ces...
 ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Thanks, guys! It was a fun project.

Old Wombat

Crazy story for a crazy invention! Works wonderfully! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

I finished the mechanic figure, which is a 1/35 3D scan from Reed Oak

"Jeez, shoulda worn a hat!" (I accidentally broke off the screwdriver and handle he was holding in his left hand)

"Yup, shoulda worn a hat..."

Discussing the finer points of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance with his buddies:

Wardukw

Damn mate you know how to paint a figure  😊🤙👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on August 02, 2023, 09:48:06 PMDamn mate you know how to paint a figure  😊🤙👍

Absolutely, fantastic work  :bow:  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

But where are the underarm sweat stains on the singlet, or the black, brown, red & blue oil & grease stains on the overalls? :unsure:

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on August 02, 2023, 09:48:06 PMDamn mate you know how to paint a figure  😊🤙👍

Second that.
 :thumbsup:

He looks familiar.  I think I used to work with him...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Quote from: frank2056 on July 27, 2023, 08:36:28 PMAnd here is the second spherical tank from the Das Werk Kugelpanzer kit. It looks gigantic in comparison:

Now comes the hardest part - coming up with a paint scheme. The easiest would be some sort of green. I may try Middlestone instead.

The smaller one is clearly for the Hitler Youth who could squeeze into it. Just what you give to a scared 13yo lad who can barely hold a rifle. A tin can that can be stopped by knocking it over or putting two large bricks under the wheels.

I do like your figure painting, they look like people. It's all in the shadows and lines that make their features pop.

frank2056

Thanks, guys! It's really mostly blind luck with the figures so far. I'm slowly figuring out which techniques work best for me. A wet palette and acrylic glazes have done most of the work so far.

@Guy - you're right; I completely forgot about the sweat stains and oily overalls. I'll add them next time I use him for a model "model"

@Nick - the Spheroid tank would be an OK fit for a child or a small woman. I saw a build that featured a woman tanker figure, but I think she's probably too top heavy for the vehicle.

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on August 03, 2023, 01:53:13 PM@Nick - the Spheroid tank would be an OK fit for a child or a small woman. I saw a build that featured a woman tanker figure, but I think she's probably too top heavy for the vehicle.

;D  ;D  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 03, 2023, 03:53:13 AMBut where are the underarm sweat stains on the singlet, or the black, brown, red & blue oil & grease stains on the overalls? :unsure:

First time on, it was a present from the Wife/Daughter/Girlfriend/Mistress etc  :angel:

Old Wombat