Restoration of a F-4B VF-74

Started by McColm, July 29, 2023, 02:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I didn't build this 1/72 F-4B kit or fade the decals on purpose. This came from a box of broken model aircraft. I thought that this one was worth restoration and it uses parts from my spare parts boxes. The wheelwells need added after I either scratchbuild or find something suitable.

mexchiwa

Maybe display it as an unrestored boneyard aircraft?

McColm

Quote from: mexchiwa on July 29, 2023, 05:24:37 AMMaybe display it as an unrestored boneyard aircraft?
It does look like something from a boneyard,  back 1995 when I was on holiday in Florida I saw a similar looking North American RA-5C as a gate guard. Parts of it had fallen off and the paint faded.

SPINNERS

I used to love that ancient Airfix kit that allowed you to put a long nose on it with or without the gun. It's probably what turned me on to 'what if' (well, that and not being able to afford all the paints  ;) ).

McColm

Quote from: SPINNERS on July 29, 2023, 06:14:33 AMI used to love that ancient Airfix kit that allowed you to put a long nose on it with or without the gun. It's probably what turned me on to 'what if' (well, that and not being able to afford all the paints  ;) ).
I don't think I have ever built a Phantom kit. One for shelf.