The inaugural Finish It Group Build (FIGB) rules

Started by NARSES2, July 29, 2023, 07:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I think you are all arguing over discussing something that doesn't really matter that much.
It's a year long GB with no prize or trophy.  Why not just let anyone enter anything they want as long as they started a thread for it and didn't finish?
If someone bends the truth a little, so what?

The beauty of this place is our relaxed attitude to, well nearly everything, and yet when it comes to GB rule setting we seem to frequently get into arguments about stupid little points of difference which really don't matter.

Less is more, when it comes to rules IMO.  Especially in a hobby which is, after all, supposed to be fun.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2023, 04:52:00 AMI think you are all arguing over discussing something that doesn't really matter that much.
It's a year long GB with no prize or trophy.  Why not just let anyone enter anything they want as long as they started a thread for it and didn't finish?

The beauty of this place is our relaxed attitude to, well nearly everything, and yet when it comes to GB rule setting we seem to frequently get into arguments about stupid little points of difference which really don't matter.

Less is more, when it comes to rules IMO.  Especially in a hobby which is, after all, supposed to be fun.

Thirded.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

perttime

Does everybody start a thread before the whif is finished?

63cpe

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on August 03, 2023, 11:59:50 AMDoes everybody start a thread before the whif is finished?

Some do, some don't, it's very much a personal thing. I tend to but not always.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2023, 04:52:00 AMI think you are all arguing over discussing something that doesn't really matter that much.

I totally agree, but then my job is to try and codify the memberships wishes regardless of my own opinions. Can I say however that we are in danger of over complicating this ?

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2023, 04:52:00 AMIf someone bends the truth a little, so what?

That happens in every GB we have, at least the rules get bent, if not the truth. You can see it all the time, especially after the GB enters it's 2nd month or so. Does it bother me ? Of course it doesn't. I think the overall membership can see it as well, especially those who like me read every thread in detail, it's possibly then reflected when it comes to voting, but if not, then again that doesn't bother me.

Personal ramble over.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 03, 2023, 11:39:17 PM
Quote from: perttime on August 03, 2023, 11:59:50 AMDoes everybody start a thread before the whif is finished?

Is there some way to include those who didn't post the build?

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on August 04, 2023, 01:48:03 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 03, 2023, 11:39:17 PM

Is there some way to include those who didn't post the build?

Speaking in a personal capacity, rather than as a moderator I think there is.

You could simply open a thread for prospective GB builds in September say once the rules are decided, so that people who have builds that they'd like to enter, but haven't previously posted on site could then post a picture of the build showing the state that it's reached and then the Mods could decide. You'd probably have to close the thread after a month for reasons I won't go into here.

I'll leave the members to discuss the merits or otherwise of that.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 03, 2023, 11:47:23 PMPersonal ramble over.

May I just again express my immense gratitude for the work and thought you are giving these matters and us as a community in you moderator role, and may I also point out that I find it very nice of you to actually do express some personal opinions every now and then. Always well thought through, solidly founded thoughts and ideas.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on August 06, 2023, 07:19:34 AM

May I just again express my immense gratitude for the work and thought you are giving these matters and us as a community in you moderator role, and may I also point out that I find it very nice of you to actually do express some personal opinions every now and then. Always well thought through, solidly founded thoughts and ideas.

I agree with our Swedish colleagues comments.                                 Thanks, Chris!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Quote from: Rheged on August 06, 2023, 10:06:32 AM
Quote from: Pellson on August 06, 2023, 07:19:34 AM

I agree with our Swedish colleagues comments.                                 Thanks, Chris!!

I agree also. Just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean they can't have personal thoughts on something. I would like to hear the ideas of everyone.

I also agree we should keep the rules simple. There is no way to really judge when someone started something compared to when or if they ever posted it so it's becomes just an integrity check in the end. The only thing I might suggest is if someone hasn't posted about a project before they could do that soon, even if it's one photo and a couple of lines of description. Otherwise, let's go for it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Thank you very much for your input gents  :thumbsup:  We will definitely be going with this come 2024 but I'm going to lock the thread now so that we can sit back and cogitate. I'll be opening it up again sometime in the autumn.

Thanks again for your input.