Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks Cap'n.

Quote from: Wardukw on September 06, 2023, 10:15:40 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 06, 2023, 05:19:05 AMhanks folks.

Gloss cleared today.  I'll be sorting some transfers out from the folders tomorrow.

Quote from: Wardukw on September 05, 2023, 10:52:01 PM
Quote from: Oldpanzer1 on September 05, 2023, 10:00:27 AMI really like this! Excellent job and colors! I want to make one now! :thumbsup:
Been having the same thoughts, but Ive been to scared to say it out loud  :wacko:

I've been thinking about Hornet wings on a Spitfire and Tigercat wings on a Hellcat.
OK I could do the Hornet wings on the Spitfire and I do love the idea of Tigercat wings on a Hellcat ..that's sounds great 👍
No chance of finding another Tigercat here ..finding the first one was a miracle another would be the end of the world  :wacko:

Ah, but you are thinking too big (literally).  I am talking 1/72.

Transfers on today.

Dreistorer WIP 07-09-23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Mate I would be talking 48th but even my extremely low level of common sense knows that's not a bright idea  ;D
72nd would be the way to go for this sort of thing .

That's really coming together now Fred..looks better to with the WW1 German crosses  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Adding the decals always brings out the 'properness' in a model I reckon.   :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

It would look better in lozenge with the Imperial LSK crosses.

But, thats just me
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 07, 2023, 11:22:06 AMAdding the decals always brings out the 'properness' in a model I reckon.   :thumbsup:
Agreed Kit 👍..brings the model to life I reckon.  ;D
Quote from: scooter on September 07, 2023, 11:40:25 AMIt would look better in lozenge with the Imperial LSK crosses.

But, thats just me
Oh Scoot mate..brilliant it would look tho I think Fred's opinion might be a different one if he had to paint it 🤔 😅
Decal sets FTW ???  :lol:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

The markings? 

I can but quote from Guide to My Sky the Free Winds (published by zenrat-javelin press © 2017).

Forced from their homeland by the Empiricum during the Purgeric Expulsions of the Spring of Blades the proud warriors of the Himmelreitter Fliegende Teufel welcomed with open arms the chance to strike back against those who had driven them to the very edges of what had once been the Holy German Empire.

I think I have some lozenge transfers left over from a little Fokker.  I'll have to see what I can do on the next of my anime builds.  Although I really should attempt something from the other side next.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 07, 2023, 11:22:06 AMAdding the decals always brings out the 'properness' in a model I reckon.   :thumbsup:

Absolutely
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

von Richthofen's new machine?  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

scooter

Quote from: Vostoc7 on September 09, 2023, 03:20:14 AMvon Richthofen's new machine?  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:

Unless its for his brother Lothar, or cousin Wolfram.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Nah it's Lloyd Rickover.  A former sign-writer from Daws Park who chucked it all in to seek fortune and adventure fighting in the skies of the free winds...
The family name was changed by an immigration official when they immigrated to South Australia in 1919.
"Mate, you can't be calling yourself that.  You're in 'straya now.  You mob need a name people can spell."
Fred

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 10, 2023, 06:01:45 AMNah it's Lloyd Rickover.  A former sign-writer from Daws Park who chucked it all in to seek fortune and adventure fighting in the skies of the free winds...
The family name was changed by an immigration official when they immigrated to South Australia in 1919.
"Mate, you can't be calling yourself that.  You're in 'straya now.  You mob need a name people can spell."
Hahaha 😀 😆 😂
Loved that  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Canopy on.  Legs and wheels on.  Exhausts on (centre pair scratchbuilt).  Props are painted and ready to go on.  UC doors and tanks need clearing.
Current armament is two guns above the centre engine.  I'm thinking of adding air to air rockets under the outer wings.

Dreistorer WIP 16-09-23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

perttime

No Motorkanone?
The exhausts look pretty elaborate. Is it a night fighter?