Airco DH2. Finished Pics Pg 10.

Started by zenrat, August 05, 2023, 03:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

looking really good  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Old Wombat

The ribbing is subtle but very good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

That's looking very good mate  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on September 10, 2023, 04:21:22 AMI still have the school report my form tutor wrote when I left school.
"Fred is eccentric..."
My proudest moment.

My favourite was at the end of my second year and written in vivid green ink by Mr Callaghan our GMD (technical drawing) master who wrote " Edwards has neither interest nor aptitude for the subject and thus spends most of the lesson in attempts to keep the rest of the class amused. He's very good at this." I dropped GMD at the end of that year   :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

We had report cards here and I still remember one of the most contradictory remarks I've ever had on one card from 2 different so called teachers.
One said I work great by myself and needs to learn to work better in a team .
The other..complete opposite..on the same card..even mum and dad were scratching their heads.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 10, 2023, 11:52:36 AMWe had report cards here and I still remember one of the most contradictory remarks I've ever had on one card from 2 different so called teachers.
One said I work great by myself and needs to learn to work better in a team .
The other..complete opposite..on the same card..even mum and dad were scratching their heads.

Different subjects, different interest levels, different aptitude; all can play their part. ;)

zenrat

Painting is mostly complete.  More colours on it now including some fake wood effect on the struts.

DH2 Jet WIP 24-09-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

zenrat

Thanks mate.
It just needs some clear on the bare metal areas (I satin cleared over them  :banghead: } and then I can permanently attach the engine and begin the Joy Of Rigging.   :mellow:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Vulcan7

You should get extra points for doing rigging  ;D  :thumbsup:  looking a beauty  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

buzzbomb

Hitting the mark there Fred.. very good work

Wardukw

Brilliant stuff Fred...this will be fun with the rigging..but man it's gonna look amazing 😉
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I can't not rig it.  But it'll be more a suggestion of full rigging than an accurate full on t's crossed i's dotted effort.  Enough wires to look like there are enough wires.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2023, 03:41:37 AMI can't not rig it.  But it'll be more a suggestion of full rigging than an accurate full on t's crossed i's dotted effort.  Enough wires to look like there are enough wires.

Sensible  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Do you have a scale budgerigar to put in there before you rig it?

My Dad swore they put one inside the rigging of the Audaxes when he was on 4 (AC) Sqdn, before a re-rig, and if the bird got out afterwards they knew they'd missed a wire............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

When I build my Gotha bomber it's kinda strange but I'm looking to the rigging side of it ..it's just not complete without it and it looks like something is missing..yeah the rigging  :banghead:  :wacko: