Airco DH2. Finished Pics Pg 10.

Started by zenrat, August 05, 2023, 03:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

its looking good so far Fred, its going to be Jewel like in its beauty when finished  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Still plenty of chances for me to f**k it up...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Rigged.

As I said above, not all the wires but enough wires to look like there are enough wires.

My rigging technique is improving but some touching up now required.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 29, 2023, 05:45:54 AMAs I said above, not all the wires but enough wires to look like there are enough wires.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 29, 2023, 05:45:54 AMRigged.

As I said above, not all the wires but enough wires to look like there are enough wires.

In 1/72 that's exactly the way to do it. (To miss-quote Punch and Madness  :angel: ) In 1/72 "accurate" rigging can quite often look far to cluttered.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 29, 2023, 06:33:28 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 29, 2023, 05:45:54 AMRigged.

In 1/72 that's exactly the way to do it. (To miss-quote Punch and Madness  :angel: ) In 1/72 "accurate" rigging can quite often look far to cluttered.

In 1/72 accurate rigging on a DH2 would drive one insane.

If one were to use accurately scaled wires to rig a 1/72 biplane would they be visible to the naked eye?
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 30, 2023, 05:08:36 AMIf one were to use accurately scaled wires to rig a 1/72 biplane would they be visible to the naked eye?

Maybe not. This is a 1/72 Hawker Audax I built for my Dad from an Airfix Hart and an Aeroclub conversion originally produced for this model by John Adams, and later incorporated in his range of lovely stuff. John recommended some of his rigging stuff for it, which I used, and it was VERY fiddly, but I managed it, and you can see (or not....) that it's only JUST visible.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 30, 2023, 05:08:36 AMIn 1/72 accurate rigging on a DH2 would drive one insane.

If one were to use accurately scaled wires to rig a 1/72 biplane would they be visible to the naked eye?

To do accurate rigging you'd also need to use turnbuckles for a lot of aircraft.  I think some types had the attachment point "buried" in the wing, but I'm not sure. I've seen them done in 1/32 and the occasional 1/48 model, but not in 1/72.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

Thanks Chris, it's the one and only biplane I've ever built.

I did it as an 80th b'day pressie for my Dad, and he came closest to breaking down when I gave it to him that I ever saw. It was his fave aircraft by far.  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Audax looks great Kit.
 :thumbsup:

So, one GB build done and dusted and this one is close.

I've got the escape-seat in place and today carved and sanded a parachute pack from a blob of hardened putty.
I've painted a gun and am adding black wash to add depth to the decal (as they like to say in the magazines).
Joystick needs a touch of paint and can then be attached.
Fred

zenrat

I found an AI generated text website and decided to see what is could come up with in the way of a back story.
I typed in "Biggles and the Dastardly Hun".

Biggles was an ace pilot dusring WWI, a brave and heroic figure who fought against the forces of the dastardly Hun. Biggles was a master of aerial combat, and he was known to never back down from a challenge. He flew a number of different aircraft, from the Sopwith Camel to the De Havilland DH.2, and he was an expert at out-maneuvering and out-flying his opponents. He was also a master of deception, often leading the enemy into traps and ambushes, and he was known to be extremely daring and courageous in the face of danger. He was constantly on the look-out for new and innovative ways to beat the enemy, and was always ready to take on any challenge. Biggles was a true hero of the skies, and his bravery and skill made him an inspiration to generations of pilots who followed him.

I won't be using it, but it shows what they can do now...

Fred

scooter

Write like a primary schooler?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Write like me on a slow day.

Fred

PR19_Kit

What could it come up with when asked to include the jet engine in the story though?  ;)  ;D

Regards
Kit