Airco DH2. Finished Pics Pg 10.

Started by zenrat, August 05, 2023, 03:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2023, 07:42:27 PMThe Professor engineered a gap in the rear bracing for the jet exhaust.

"Well, of course I had to.  Can't have the tail be burned off by the engine.  You'd never get airborne, like that madman Roshon's multiplane.  Then we'd be right out and the airscrew would never be replaced.  And we can't have that, now can we?"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Woah ! This is amazing ! Not just the crazy/cool idea, the whole thing ! Great job so far.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

This does have a  very large coolness factor because it's so damn small.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pellson

I'm not sure whether it's the Biggles story or the jetification of that old DH2 that's entertaining me more here..  :wub:  :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

It has occurred to me (and no doubt to many others) that there is a  Gnôme Monosoupape 9-cylinder rotary engine  lying around unused from this wondrous conversion.  I am wondering where that will appear...............perhaps as the motive power for a coastal motor boat, or a hydrofoil, or ........................................   Suggestions, please!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on September 02, 2023, 03:29:20 AM...............perhaps as the motive power for a coastal motor boat, or a hydrofoil, or ........................................   Suggestions, please!

A Whiffed X-15 perhaps?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The 1/72 Monosoupape is indeed spare but TBH it's not much more than an oddly shaped blob.

Still, waste not want not.  Where's that 3d printed dinghy...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2023, 07:42:27 PMHave you thought that maybe I have really big hands?

DH2 Jet WIP 02-08-23 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

No, because I know how big (small) that engine is. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2023, 07:42:27 PMThe Professor engineered a gap in the rear bracing for the jet exhaust.

DH2 Jet WIP 02-08-23 04 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Neat solution  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Yeah, but i didn't think to check if there should be any rigging between the booms.

Still, it's non existence can explain the fact that the tail is slightly twisted.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2023, 06:58:09 AMYeah, but i didn't think to check if there should be any rigging between the booms.

Still, it's non existence can explain the fact that the tail is slightly twisted.
Ahhh just think of it as overpowered slightly and in flight it straightens up  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2023, 06:58:09 AMYeah, but i didn't think to check if there should be any rigging between the booms.

Add diagonals between the verticals.
;)

perttime

Quote from: Wardukw on September 03, 2023, 11:52:59 AM

Ahhh just think of it as overpowered slightly and in flight it straightens up  :thumbsup:
I like the way you think  :mellow:  :lol:  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2023, 06:58:09 AMStill, it's non existence can explain the fact that the tail is slightly twisted.

As possibly is it's builder ?  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred