Airco DH2. Finished Pics Pg 10.

Started by zenrat, August 05, 2023, 03:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Paint on today.  Not having any suitable undoped linen paint for the fabric covering I have painted it all with Vallejo Deck Tan.  I may mask all the ribs on the upper wing and give it a coat of lightened paint like i've seen done in all the magazine Wingnut builds.  But there's a lot of ribs to tape.  I'm certainly not bothering to do the underside or the lower wing.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

You can use lots of shades for unpainted linen, it's not as though there was an official spec.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

And remember Fred those Wingnut birds are all 32nd scale..not 72nd..much easier to do with the big birds...reckon it would look great if ya did tho..would break up a solid single colour 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

1/32?  That would be even weirder than 1/48!   :wacko:

Tis done.  Wasn't too hard as I just did the top of the upper wing and the horizontal tail.  Rigging it will be harder.
I just cut strips of 0.5 mm tape and stuck them down over the moulded ridges where the ribs were.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2023, 06:16:38 AMYou can use lots of shades for unpainted linen, it's not as though there was an official spec.
Technically speaking clear-doped linen (CDL) is painted.  ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2023, 06:16:11 AM1/32?  That would be even weirder than 1/48!   :wacko:

Tis done.  Wasn't too hard as I just did the top of the upper wing and the horizontal tail.  Rigging it will be harder.
I just cut strips of 0.5 mm tape and stuck them down over the moulded ridges where the ribs were.

At your age I don't want to shock you to much Fred but there's many many many different scales out there not just 72nd.
I know you'll say "Say it isn't so" but I'm afraid to say my good friend that yes it's ture.  :wacko:  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on September 07, 2023, 10:09:46 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2023, 06:16:38 AMYou can use lots of shades for unpainted linen, it's not as though there was an official spec.
Technically speaking clear-doped linen (CDL)is painted.  ;)

I know that.  I forgot what it was called.  Senior moment.

Quote from: Wardukw on September 07, 2023, 12:04:11 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2023, 06:16:11 AM1/32?  That would be even weirder than 1/48!   :wacko:

At your age I don't want to shock you to much Fred but there's many many many different scales out there...

Yes.  Other than 1/72 for aircraft there is 1/144 for bigger aircraft (and ekranoplans), 1/25 for cars, 1/35 for armoured cars, and 1/48 for...

...tanks.   ;D

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: jcf on September 07, 2023, 10:09:46 AM
Technically speaking clear-doped linen (CDL)is painted.  ;)

Technically speaking, yes  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2023, 05:47:52 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 07, 2023, 12:04:11 PM

At your age I don't want to shock you to much Fred but there's many many many different scales out there...

Yes.  Other than 1/72 for aircraft there is 1/144 for bigger aircraft (and ekranoplans), 1/25 for cars, 1/35 for armoured cars, and 1/48 for...

...tanks.   ;D

You're a weird, weird man, Fred! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 08, 2023, 08:17:21 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2023, 05:47:52 AMYes.  Other than 1/72 for aircraft there is 1/144 for bigger aircraft (and ekranoplans), 1/25 for cars, 1/35 for armoured cars, and 1/48 for...

...tanks.  ;D

Sounds perfectly normal to me.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 08, 2023, 10:31:34 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 08, 2023, 08:17:21 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2023, 05:47:52 AMYes.  Other than 1/72 for aircraft there is 1/144 for bigger aircraft (and ekranoplans), 1/25 for cars, 1/35 for armoured cars, and 1/48 for...

...tanks.  ;D

Sounds perfectly normal to me.  ;D
Nope I'm with Guy on this one  :o  :unsure:

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 08, 2023, 08:17:21 AMYou're a weird, weird man, Fred! :rolleyes:

You only just worked that out?

Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 09, 2023, 05:17:08 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 08, 2023, 08:17:21 AMYou're a weird, weird man, Fred! :rolleyes:

Oh, Hell, no, it's just the first time I've felt the need to express it. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 09, 2023, 05:20:23 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 09, 2023, 05:17:08 AM

Oh, Hell, no, it's just the first time I've felt the need to express it. :wacko:

Yeah, it's all about not shattering someone's long-held self-delusions...  ;D  ;D

zenrat

I still have the school report my form tutor wrote when I left school.
"Fred is eccentric..."
My proudest moment.

Transfers on the DH2.  Luckilly one of the two rudder options could be flipped.
Presumably the roundels were that size so the Fokkers could find them easilly...
You can just see where I masked the rib tapes.  It's very subtle.

DH2 Jet WIP 10-09-23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred