Avro Stockport (Alias The Vital 1st V-Bomber) • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, August 05, 2023, 07:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

:thumbsup:

You could probably get away with just two engines, making more of a Manchester derivative.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Vulcan7

Quote from: The Rat on August 23, 2023, 07:38:54 PM:thumbsup:

You could probably get away with just two engines, making more of a Manchester derivative.

I would like to do a Jet Manchester in the future for sure :thumbsup: ..... you may have missed the build pics earlier in thread, I already have 4 engines, just waiting to do the paint job  ;D  :thumbsup: 

Going for V-Bomber flash white, & yet another spray can of white from Halfords  ( should have bought a job lot  ;D  )

You cannot view this attachment.
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Vulcan7

Quote from: kerick on August 23, 2023, 06:45:30 PMIf you could round off those Merlin's it would be more like that test bed aircraft but you said you like the Merlin look so go for it! And some quick building there too.

Mk 2 will have some B-58 engines if I can bag a cheapish kit, that might be a even quicker build  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on August 24, 2023, 02:41:50 AM
Quote from: kerick on August 23, 2023, 06:45:30 PMIf you could round off those Merlin's it would be more like that test bed aircraft but you said you like the Merlin look so go for it! And some quick building there too.

Mk 2 will have some B-58 engines if I can bag a cheapish kit, that might be a even quicker build  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Hmmmm I've got the remains of 4 B-58 engines which it's doubtful I'm ever gonna use...hmmmm wonder who might need em 🤔 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on August 24, 2023, 11:30:01 AM

Hmmmm I've got the remains of 4 B-58 engines which it's doubtful I'm ever gonna use...hmmmm wonder who might need em 🤔 😉
Those sound good, shame your literally on the other side of the world  ;D  ( not tempted to have a go at your own version?  ;D  )

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on August 25, 2023, 01:54:01 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 24, 2023, 11:30:01 AM

Those sound good, shame your literally on the other side of the world  ;D  ( not tempted to have a go at your own version?  ;D  )
Nope not at all ..i used what I needed from the 58 on 2 builds and there's very little chance these engines will ever get used...they just won't work with my future builds.
Guys on here have sent me bits from the top part of the planet so I've no hesitation sending bits from the bottom part 😊
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on August 25, 2023, 02:56:03 AMGuys on here have sent me bits from the top part of the planet so I've no hesitation sending bits from the bottom part 😊

But surely bottom to top will use more fuel than top to bottom ? After all we can coast on the way down  ;)  ;D

Seriously though that's one of the beauties of this site  :bow:  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 26, 2023, 01:10:23 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 25, 2023, 02:56:03 AMGuys on here have sent me bits from the top part of the planet so I've no hesitation sending bits from the bottom part 😊

But surely bottom to top will use more fuel than top to bottom ? After all we can coast on the way down  ;)  ;D

Seriously though that's one of the beauties of this site  :bow:  :bow:
The amount of help I got from you guys when I came back here was incredible Chris..there's no way I could so no to a wiffyer (new word  ;D ) in need .
If I got the bits and no need of em there free to a good or average home  :wacko:  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

final photos, BS to follow  ;D

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Looks good from every angle. Love the pics !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Vulcan7

Vulcan7

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

The dihedral tailplane REALLY does it for me.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit