Avro Stockport (Alias The Vital 1st V-Bomber) • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, August 05, 2023, 07:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Not so sure about the viability of the landing gear in the regular Lancaster wheel wells ... :unsure:

... but, other than that, it looks exactly like a jet-powered Lancaster should look! :bow:  :bow:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

A very superior piece of modelling, and an excellent set of pictures.  I particularly like the "V Bomber Quartet".
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Wardukw

Yeah a very nice piece of work for sure 👌 👍 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 31, 2023, 06:45:01 AMNot so sure about the viability of the landing gear in the regular Lancaster wheel wells ... :unsure:

... but, other than that, it looks exactly like a jet-powered Lancaster should look! :bow:  :bow:  :thumbsup:

4 smaller wheels instead of the big one???...maybe?

Many thanks for the generous comments folks  :cheers:  (must get on with that back story  ;D )

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on September 01, 2023, 02:28:10 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 31, 2023, 06:45:01 AMNot so sure about the viability of the landing gear in the regular Lancaster wheel wells ... :unsure:

4 smaller wheels instead of the big one???...maybe?

Many thanks for the generous comments folks  :cheers:  (must get on with that back story  ;D )

This should be a  interesting read  ;D 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

other back stories are available  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.

NARSES2

Quote from: Vostoc7 on September 06, 2023, 06:06:19 AMother back stories are available  ;D

I wonder how a letter from Atlee would have read ? Mind you probably the same civil servant  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Winnie would have sacked the secretary who typed that ...  She spelled "Chief" wrong. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 06, 2023, 06:21:39 AMWinnie would have sacked the secretary who typed that ...  She spelled "Chief" wrong. ;)

;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 06, 2023, 06:21:39 AMWinnie would have sacked the secretary who typed that ...  She spelled "Chief" wrong. ;)

whoops I'll get her to re-type it...... now where's my Tardis  ;)  ;D

there you go, she didn't get sacked few  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.