2023 IPMS Nats Model Photos and Awards Galleries

Started by seadude, August 07, 2023, 04:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

So many builds! :blink:

So many excellent builds! :o

Thanks for that, mate! It's going to take me a week to go through the photo's - I'd probably need a bike to go through the displays IRL! ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

Excellent stuff there. Certainly still planning to give the 2024 Nats a full on crack next year

kerick

Next year will be about a 4 hour drive from my house so I'll be there! I doubt I'll have anything worth entering done by then but it will be great to check out so much great stuff.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Nice, thanks for the link - more perusal needed, when I have more time!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

Quote from: kerick on August 07, 2023, 09:19:28 PMNext year will be about a 4 hour drive from my house so I'll be there! I doubt I'll have anything worth entering done by then but it will be great to check out so much great stuff.

According to the 2024 IPMS Nats website, there's a little more than 340 days to go till the convention. That's ALMOST, (but not quite) a full year.
You've got plenty of time to get a model (or models) done. Plenty of time.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

seadude

Quote from: jcf on August 08, 2023, 09:56:13 AM2025 will be in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

No, No, NO! 
It will be in Hampton, Virginia. I've read plenty of posts in the 2023 Nats Facebook group and a lot of people have said it is in Hampton.

jcf

Quote from: seadude on August 08, 2023, 10:49:29 AM
Quote from: jcf on August 08, 2023, 09:56:13 AM2025 will be in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

No, No, NO! 
It will be in Hampton, Virginia. I've read plenty of posts in the 2023 Nats Facebook group and a lot of people have said it is in Hampton.

;D ;D
Oops, I mixed'em up, going on memory after seeing it mentioned in passing the other day.
It's all furrin' territory to me out there anyhow.
;)

BTW, NO NEED TO SHOUT.   :wacko:

scooter

Quote from: jcf on August 08, 2023, 04:32:49 PM
Quote from: seadude on August 08, 2023, 10:49:29 AM

No, No, NO! 

;D ;D
Oops, I mixed'em up, going on memory after seeing it mentioned in passing the other day.
It's all furrin' territory to me out there anyhow.
;)

BTW, NO NEED TO SHOUT.   :wacko:

We can't hear you in New Jersey :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

So far i've only looked through the automotive.  Some great builds there but this one stopped me in my tracks.  I have always been partial to models looking "cartoony" but this takes the biscuit  - a kit finished so as to look like a 3d illustration from a Manga.  Fantastic.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

That must have taken some painting to get that effect.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

At least you don't have to worry about the interior.   :mellow:

I'd like to see it in the flesh to find out if the effect works at all angles.
Fred