Thanks for all the kind comments guys, much appreciated  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

comrade harps

The Heyford has never looked so grand.  :wub:
Whatever.

Pellson

So not my period, and so not a build I would entertain, given the struts and supports. I've hated biplanes ever since building a Sopwith Camel as a kid!
That said - what a marvellous creation this is! And yes, it looks so much better in Coastal Command colours!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on August 08, 2023, 03:09:35 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 08, 2023, 05:50:43 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on August 08, 2023, 12:06:32 AMThe Swordfish's big brother!  &lt;_&lt;
Nice idea and very well done paint job!

Absolutely  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I to like the Heyford and I can certainly see them being used in Coastal Command, especially in the Irish Sea, Atlantic Approaches and in areas around the Clyde Estuary where there'd be no danger of bumping into the odd Me 109 or Me 110  :thumbsup:  Manpower might be the issue, but then there's all those retired RAF aircrew to call on.  ;)

RAF Home Guard?

Type of organisation I was thinking of Scoot  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 09, 2023, 05:46:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on August 08, 2023, 03:09:35 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 08, 2023, 05:50:43 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on August 08, 2023, 12:06:32 AMThe Swordfish's big brother!  &lt;_&lt;
Nice idea and very well done paint job!

Absolutely  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I to like the Heyford and I can certainly see them being used in Coastal Command, especially in the Irish Sea, Atlantic Approaches and in areas around the Clyde Estuary where there'd be no danger of bumping into the odd Me 109 or Me 110  :thumbsup:  Manpower might be the issue, but then there's all those retired RAF aircrew to call on.  ;)

RAF Home Guard?

Type of organisation I was thinking of Scoot  :thumbsup:

Dad's Air Force
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Devilfish

Robomog

Thanks all.

Dizzy :- That  Wellesley looks the looks the business !

Mog
>^-.-^<

stevehed

That's a beaut. Bet the crew would have craved an enclosed cockpit.

Robomog

Bugger never thought of that  :banghead:

Would have looked totally different with a cockpit cover and glazed gun positions (sigh  :-\ )

Mog
>^-.-^<

PR19_Kit

For some reason I keep thinking that I've seen pics of a Heyford with an enclosed cockpit, but I'm darned if I can find anything that shows it. Anyone else seen that?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 16, 2023, 01:47:23 AMFor some reason I keep thinking that I've seen pics of a Heyford with an enclosed cockpit, but I'm darned if I can find anything that shows it. Anyone else seen that?

Like this one? Not certain if it was a one-off or a regular in-service update?

zenrat

ISTR a picture here.
My Heyford based Henfield Triplane retained the open cockpit but added a flying bridge.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Robomog on August 15, 2023, 07:06:08 PMBugger never thought of that  :banghead:

Would have looked totally different with a cockpit cover and glazed gun positions (sigh  :-\ )

Mog
>^-.-^<

Maybe, but a lot of older aircrew, and some younger ones, much prefered open cockpits, at least in the late 30's/early 40's.  The gunners don't matter as they're in the servant's quarters  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 16, 2023, 04:54:44 AMLike this one? Not certain if it was a one-off or a regular in-service update?

EXACTLY like that one! Thanks Thomas, I'm not going nuts after all.  :thumbsup:

It's not mentioned in Wikipedia at all, but it looks very 'productionised'. That big number on the side is redolent of the 'New Types Park' they had at the Hendon Air Shows in the 30s, not that I can remember them of course, but my Dad told me about them.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit