Yak-34 Fir-tree

Started by RAFF-35, August 11, 2023, 02:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I keep telling myself that, every time I look at one of the XFV-1 kits.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

That's looking fast! Melikes.  :lol:

Just the green anti-heat-lacquered Yak-38ish underside  would probably not have been necessary?

RAFF-35

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 14, 2023, 01:32:42 AMThat's looking fast! Melikes.  :lol:

Just the green anti-heat-lacquered Yak-38ish underside  would probably not have been necessary?

Is that what the green paint is for?? I just thought it was the standard camouflage for Soviet naval jets.... I feel a bit thick now  :unsure:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

comrade harps

Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: RAFF-35 on August 14, 2023, 05:14:27 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 14, 2023, 01:32:42 AMThat's looking fast! Melikes.  :lol:

Is that what the green paint is for?? I just thought it was the standard camouflage for Soviet naval jets.... I feel a bit thick now  :unsure:

I had thought that, too, but always wondered about the odd shade. But in a book written by Russian authors it was mentioned that the greenish stuff was a heat-resistant coating, not really camouflage.

RAFF-35

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 14, 2023, 06:54:27 AM
Quote from: RAFF-35 on August 14, 2023, 05:14:27 AM

I had thought that, too, but always wondered about the odd shade. But in a book written by Russian authors it was mentioned that the greenish stuff was a heat-resistant coating, not really camouflage.

Every day's a school day!
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Wardukw

Very very cool 😎 😀

Kit I'm bloody surprised you weren't sent one when that kit was released as a thank you along with your name on the box.
Cheap arses is what they is .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on August 14, 2023, 08:41:38 PMKit I'm bloody surprised you weren't sent one when that kit was released as a thank you along with your name on the box.
Cheap arses is what they is .

Oh I was, a couple of them actually. But I still haven't built one, how stupid is that?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit