Warhammer 40k Tyranid Mega Carnifex

Started by Wardukw, August 15, 2023, 05:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Now for awhile now i have been wanting to get better at figure painting ..so i decided to get something evil as hell but big and extremely nasty looking and i couldnt think of anything better than a tyranid from warhammer ,,but since this is a wiffy creature i had to make it more wiffy  ;D

Heres the kit version

DSCF4331 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4333 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Ive left some pics with the shadows still there as i think it makes this thing look even more sinister
DSCF4334 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Heres the thing now ive added to it bulk ...the smaller figures are normal man sized ,,say 6ft all ,,the chaos marine to the left is not normal anyway ..those dudes are well over 7ft tall  ..the figure on his knee is from the Imperial Guard,,those guys are just normal men and women ...combat cannon fodder for the Emperor.
DSCF4336 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF4337 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4339 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
This thing used to be a normal human being ..
DSCF4342 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4345 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4346 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4347 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

I have attacked this thing as of late ,,,all the new bits have been PSRed to a small point..the fine sanding is yet to start ...colours are going to be out there ,,in other words ,,no freaking idea at all yet ..but theres a couple of ideas knocking around but i do know its going to be very different from what games workshop thinks they should be painted .   
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Those folks at Warhammer are a little strange.....
I mean, who imagines such a hideous beast!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on August 15, 2023, 08:17:27 PMThose folks at Warhammer are a little strange.....
I think someone who has very strange dreams mate 🤔 😳
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

More than a trace of Alien Queen there.

Looking forward to this one mate.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on August 15, 2023, 08:17:27 PMThose folks at Warhammer are a little strange.....

You should see some of the people who knock about in the Croydon branch  :angel:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2023, 05:13:07 AMMore than a trace of Alien Queen there.

Looking forward to this one mate.

Yeah a couple of similarities except this thing is 3 times  the size of a Queen at least ..this can rip tanks apart ..like it can pick them up off the ground and shred em  ... It's freaking massive and can cause a massive amount of damage .
Mate I'm kinda looking forward to this myself  ;D

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

As a long past player that was a problem I always had with Warhammer was scale accuracy and once I started doing scale measurements it didn't take long to realize you'd need a football field to play a 10.000 pt battle.
A Land raider in the right scale is the size of a small to medium sized suit case and a tank like the Baneblade is bloody near a metre long .
So if ya scaled a thing like the Carnifex it would be at least 3 to 4 ft tall and don't get me started on the Titans  ;D
Check out Eric's hobby shop on YouTube..he's building a proper scaled match Titan and it's 9ft tall 😀

Steel Penguin

and on a battlefield with light speed weapons, black hole guns and weapons that hit harder the tougher you are ( D-cannon and conversion beamers)  size is not a good thing
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Oh there's things far more powerful than that now ...the Tyranids have a whole raft of new firepower..Chaos is the same ..when the Imperial Guard have new toys .
The 40K battlefield is a very dangerous place now dew to all the huge long range .
The Deathstrike missile still has the massive max range of 960 inches ...im sure the guns on the big Titans can match that.

uncletain

Gonna watch this with interest

Used to love painting 40k back in the day, imperial guard and Eldar mainly (have never been great with rules so didn't play much)
My nephew has got into Warhammer recently so it has drawn me back in.

Thinking of painting a Space Nun army (or whatever they are called)

Wardukw

Quote from: uncletain on August 16, 2023, 03:39:20 PMGonna watch this with interest

Used to love painting 40k back in the day, imperial guard and Eldar mainly (have never been great with rules so didn't play much)
My nephew has got into Warhammer recently so it has drawn me back in.

Thinking of painting a Space Nun army (or whatever they are called)
Lol 😆 love it mate...im thinking you mean Sisters of battle.. .nun type arse whoppers.
The rules got me as well..to much reading to be enjoyable  in the end.
I had a 20 thousand point army of Blood Angels and Imperial Fists ..armour ..the whole gambit and when the army sat there for 5 yrs I knew it was byebye time.
So I'll dick about with these figures just to try and improve my painting skills.

kerick

Don't they usually use a lot of metallic colors?
This is going to be weird but fun!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

On the figure painting side it's gotten nuts now Ken..they do a thing called shading...painting the same parts 5 or more times with very thinned out paint.
Games workshop has released paints now just for this purpose.
Alot of the figures painted can be dozens of colours as there's dozens of chapters of space marines alone.
Then there's chaos forces .. dark alder ..the daemons of chaos ..the tau and the tyranids .
Watch a gent called Nigjon on youi tube..he's very good ..he can show ya far better than I can describe it and he's quite entertaining to .

NARSES2

You need a decent college qualification at least to even begin to understand GW's current paint ranges  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.